PES: Peace Eco Smile - Behind the Scenes

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
Yupa
Kamisama - God

PES: Peace Eco Smile - Behind the Scenes

Post by Yupa »

Some of you might heard of this before: Studio 4°C is currently making a series of seven animated shorts which are basically a series of commercials for Toyota. Each episode is about four minutes, the last episode will air this week. Still, I recommend watching at least the first episode because of the artstyle - it looks really good.

The reason I'm making this topic is that they put a few Behind The Scenes ("Production Skills") videos on YouTube, showing how they made one cut. They show everything from genga to douga and even background painting.
Unfortunately they could've chosen a more interesting cut. This cut has no characters in it, only an alien creature rolling around. Still, I was impressed by the background art and the number of douga for this cut (42!). Also, I liked the more technical aspects like filling in the timesheet, based on the instructions on the genga. It's really incredible to see most of the work behind creating this one cut.

You can watch them here:
Key animation
Background
In-between animation

Unfortunately I couldn't find the finished cut in the anime. Maybe it's from the final episode? The show is streaming on Crunchyroll and also on the YouTube channel which posted the videos above.
Joost
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: PES: Peace Eco Smile - Behind the Scenes

Post by Joost »

It stil amazes me to see how much work is involved to make an animation 8O
Thanks for the share! :wink:

Real fun to watch