What is your preferred or most-used avenue for cel hunting?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: What is your preferred or most-used avenue for cel hunti

Post by Keropi »

BuraddoRun wrote:Wow, Keropi! I'm assuming you kept records of all of this. I don't think I'd remember all of that stuff as clearly as you explained it if it had been my story.
Yeah, I have it written down. They're not the most organized notes, but I have them going way back. I'm a hoarder when it comes to my notes. :)

I always used a deputy service for Yahoo Japan items. I wish I knew of a deputy service back when I seen great artwork, but couldn't buy from Japanese websites back in the day. When I first became aware of Anime Taro's website, I wanted so badly to buy stuff from there, but had no means to do so. Ah, the old days of checking dealer websites for updates twenty to thirty times a a day just to see if you got there at the right time right after they updated.

It seems like such a long time ago now.
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: What is your preferred or most-used avenue for cel hunti

Post by sugarcels »

The cheapest one available, LOL. But seriously, 99% of the time I check what is on Yahoo!Auctions. Even with the fees, it's still cheaper than using a dealer. Dealers usually have the most ridiculous prices in my experience :roll: They rarely update their sites, and they don't let you know when they've already sold a cel. You could save up for months for a cel and be told they sold the cel two years ago :x However, some of them can be very nice and helpful, and it's my second go-to option if I realllly want a cel. The rest of the time I might ask a collector if they are willing to part with a cel.

I don't use Ebay these days because they very rarely have what I'm looking for. As for conventions, I have never been to one, and I can't afford to go to one :( So that's out.