2012 Year in Review & 2013 Cel/Sketch Resolutions

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

2012 Year in Review & 2013 Cel/Sketch Resolutions

Post by sensei »

As the year comes to a close, it's for the 7th Annual "Year in Review & Cel/Sketch Resolution" thread. This is a chance to reflect on the highs and lows of the year just passing, and look ahead to some plans ahead for the next twelve months.
First, thanks to :cheers cutiebunny :bow2: for keeping this tradition going for the past several years. It is a thread that I started in 2006, but she's been over time much more proactive about remembering and keeping it up. However, this year I've been unusually thoughtful :pimp for several reasons, so I'm taking the chance to post the newest edition.

OK, then, on to the questions:

1. What was the best thing that's happened to your gallery/collection in 2012?

2. What was the most surprising thing that happened to your gallery/collection this year?

3. Which piece were you most proud of acquiring in 2012?

4. What's something that concerns you about your collecting experience?

5. What cel/sketch-related resolution do you want to make for 2013?

6. If you posted a cel/sketch-related resolution in 2011, how true did you stay to it?
sensei

Re: 2012 Year in Review & 2013 Cel/Sketch Resolutions

Post by sensei »

I'll start:
The move toward giving "Golden Age" anime art (i.e., pre-1990 movies and series) more attention and prominence. The series of the late 90s, notably CCS and TnN, were my first love and obsession, followed by the first rush of CGI series in the following decade. But learning more about "first generation" anime has really broadened my knowledge of the art form and developed interesting new collecting directions.
2. What was the most surprising thing that happened to your gallery/collection this year?
Obtaining several of my most desired wishlists from the obscure and mostly unavailable series Condition Green.
Surprisingly, I'd say obtaining the whole genga set that went with my little collection of CCS cels recording Sakura's capture of the Fly Card. That was a bit of crazy good luck, especially as I spotted it during one of my very, very rare auction peeks during Lent.
Can't say it better than I did in 2006: The thing that concerns me the most, however, is the way [my newly developed collecting] eclecticism has moved me out of the mainstream of Beta conversations. I don’t get the visits and feedback that I used to, I think probably because most other collectors generally don’t visit galleries of series that they don’t know from watching. The hot series, like [titles deleted] are pricy and don’t interest me as much artistically as art from less-well-known series that I find artistically superior. But not getting the feedback I used to get does bother me. I guess I have to trust my gut, though, and collect things that it tells me are really compelling as art, rather than to generate more feedback by going with the flow.

Six years later, I'll add that I deeply appreciate the supportive voices from my update thread, particularly those of newer Beta members, who indicate that what I'm doing is important in sharing technical info and background. Still, the stilling of the chatter, which has become more obvious in the last 2 years, deeply concerns me.
5. What cel/sketch-related resolution do you want to make for 2013?]
I've catalogued enough: I need to get out more often. I'd like to try to get a little cluster of animation art collectors together at AnimeNext or network more closely with Mid-Atlantic collectors and/or animation students, and show rather than just upload and tell.
6. If you posted a cel/sketch-related resolution in 2011, how true did you stay to it?
"I need to catalog my collection," and I did a lot of this, not quite to the very last cel/sketch, but to the extent that I now can put my hands on just about anything I own within a few minutes. And I'm much more confident that it is being stored appropriately in a way that ensures its long-term health.
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Oh Yay! I love this post!! :-)
I got my long awaited Betty Boop cel, which took 3 years to finally get in. The definite highlight of the entire year!!

I was able to complete my search for Winsor McCay art (Lusitania and Gertie art) that have been on the list for a very long time. Also had a surprise find of an original Popeye with Olive Oyl cel I have been looking for a couple of years.
Hands down: Betty Boop from "Poor Cinderella"
$$$ The usual. :-)
To keep this answer simple....Spend less $$ and get only the ones I absolutely "love" rather than "like". Be far pickier than before.
Still the goal from #5 pops up. :-)
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Thanks, Sensei. I had planned to set the topic up while at work today (I mean, who really works while at work?) but you beat me to it.

I guess I can allow you the honor of continuing the tradition you started once in a while :P

I haven't done anything different with my gallery. It's the same as it was last year, and the year before. I don't think anything remarkable has happened to my collection this year either. I'm happy that I was able to add to it, though. I was especially pleased to find quite a few backgrounds from Kobato this year. I had thought that the supply had largely dried up in mid-2011. What I found was expensive, though, considering the prices I used to pay for large lots, but, I guess that means that there are dedicated fans out there who want a piece of the show, and I guess I should be happy about that.

The best thing that happened in my collecting experience was the "Meet and Greet" session that AM2 featured this year with Hiroshi Nagahama and Toshihiro Kawamoto.

Around July and August of this year, a slew of Sailor Moon bank cels featuring Chibimoon, Mercury & Mars came onto the market. Many sellers were inundated with cels featuring this characters, and I managed to purchase quite a few. It was rare for me to purchase more than 2 Sailor Moon cels a year since 2009, simply because the supply had dried up and the ones available were either not what I wanted or were too pricey for me to justify purchasing. I was quite happy to find good, key shots of each character for quite a bit less than I figured I would pay for them.

And on a related note, a bunch of cels from the US Saban/ToonMakers version of Sailor Moon were being sold on E-bay during the past couple of months, and I purchased a couple just for the novelty of owning it. After seeing the US version of these characters, despite my complaints with the dub, I'm quite happy Toei decided to go with DiC's idea and just dub the original.

I was also surprised to discover that the Angel's Feather shikishi I bought in 2009 is actually part of a larger set. Another one appeared on the market this year, and I was able to add that to my collection.

In regards to my collecting experience this year, I attended PMX and was suprised as to how good it was. I had really low expectations because it was a small con that usually attracted a couple of Japanese guests. But I had a good time, and met some nice people there as well.

Ungh. I always have such a difficult time every year actually answering this. Maybe my 2013 resolution should be being better equipped to answer this?

Hmm...My favorite cel is one of the Sailor Mercury bank cels I bought. My favorite production sketch is the CCS Dark/Light cut from Episode 42. My favorite original sketch is where I have the hardest type pinpointing my favorite item. Let's go with Yokota's Kotetsu T. Kaburagi sketch for now.

Several things. Exchange rate and supply/demand issues aside, I'm concerned that there are far too many chuckleheads around. I had a problem with one particular collector this year who was so insanely jealous of a colored sketch I received that he went out of his way to make me look bad in front of the Japanese guest. I might be more understanding if this person did not receive a sketch or owned nothing from this artist, but he did receive a very nice black/white sketch in addition to the several he alread owns. It disgusts me that there are people who take this hobby so personally to the point that they would want to hurt others. If I ever get to this point, I hope I'll have enough sense in me to realize that it's time to stop.

I also think this hobby really needs better exposure. Yes, it's a double edged sword, but we do need new blood. I'm always amazed by the amount of people I meet at conventions who have no idea that you can own production artwork, and that a lot of nice stuff is available for reasonable prices. I remember when I donated a freebie-type cel to SakuraCon's charity auction in 2011 and was absolutely shocked when it sold for $250. Granted, it had the seiyuu's signature on it, but what shocked me is that the industry person that won it rambled about how rare cels are. I am seriously thinking of donating some douga and genga cuts as part of my charity donations this year solely to have it get better exposure. A lot of people attend these charity auctions just to see the items, and it might be worth it if it will generate some interest. And it would also be a great way to get rid of stuff that I'm no longer in love with without the hassle of E-bay. I know it's not my job to do so, but I always try to plug AB and RS when I meet new people who are interested in artwork.

My final concern is a more personal one in that there are things that I want in my life, and in order to get those, it looks like I might have to spend a lot of my hobby cash on getting it. I really wish things weren't like this and I could be like the majority of people who have no issue in this area, but, sadly, it seems like it runs in the genes. So, I am concerned that I will be spending less on this hobby and more in the hopes of rectifying this issue. And, that makes me sad because I really enjoy collecting artwork. But, I guess I can always come back to it.

I'm also sad that the Charity Auctions on YJ are largely non-existant anymore. I used to love checking out some of the artwork that used to be available on YJ from all sorts of mangaka, and although sad that I couldn't afford some of them, knowing that that money was going to a good cause. But I haven't seen any more charity artwork anymore. I guess the need to raise funds for the earthquake and tsunami relief is over.

Probably the same in that as it was this year - As long as I can afford it, I want to continue to collect. I've been good about being selective, and asking myself it an item is something that, years down the road, I'll still be happy that I own. So hopefully I can continue that trend.

I mentioned that I plan to continue to collect as long as I can afford it, I'll continue to collect. That seems to be something I intend on continuing in 2013. I will probably be spending a lot during the convention season, and largely holding back during the rest of the year.

I'd also like to finally get around to replacing the polyethylene bags for the sketches and packaging them up with some microchamber paper. And buying some refills for the Copic markers - this year really took a toll on them. All of these things I plan on doing within the next couple of weeks as I haven't been buying that much in the past couple of months.
Last edited by cutiebunny on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Post by BuraddoRun »

This looks fun! Well, considering I just started really putting effort into "collecting" a few weeks ago, my answers may be weird, but here goes:

It got started! I had bought some cels here and there over the last 6 years or so, but I just recently started wanting to put more effort into collecting as new cel animation doesn't exist anymore, and I really miss it. So, I did some internet surfing, found some dealers, Anime-Beta, and Rubberslug, and started my gallery up!

I found Super Sentai scripts on Mandarake. I admittedly watch less anime nowadays (though I still love anime) and watch more tokusatsu stuff, so being able to add these production materials to my gallery is a neat thing. Also, though I have a lot of different small sections in my gallery, I'm finding that there is crossover in my love of both tokusatsu and anime. For instance, there was an Ultraman anime that came out some years back, and I found a cel complete with background on a dealer site that was inexpensive so I grabbed it up (on my Rubberslug site if you wanna check it out). Also, on Mandarake, a couple of hanken douga showed up for a tokusatsu series called Zone Fighter. Unfortunately I couldn't find the source material for them, and Mandarake didn't know either, but having artwork that I didn't even know existed that was done for a live-action show that I enjoy was just awesome (these aren't on my site yet but I'll add them soon). So, though my tastes vary, I hope to grow those crossover sections in my gallery over time, so that maybe other tokusatsu fans can see some stuff they like and maybe find an interest in anime, and maybe some anime/cel enthusiasts will be interesting in checking out some great tokusatsu shows.

Technically I don't have it in my possession yet, but I just recently bought a Mysterious Cities of Gold cel that was a big wishlist of mine, so I'm really excited about that one. It may not actually arrive until 2013, though, as it's coming in from overseas.

Cost and availability. So many awesome cels already belong to collectors, so I wonder if I will one day be able to look at my own collection and be as in awe as I am when I look at some of you long-time collectors' galleries. But honestly, I don't think that will be so much of an issue. In just a month or 2, I've found a lot of great stuff available, some of it quite inexpensive.

I want to be a more choosy collector. I don't wanna buy something simply because it has a good price, if it's not either a piece of artwork that I think looks very nice, or from a show I love and so has a lot of sentimental value behind it. I did a lot of this "cheap impulse buying" stuff back when I wasn't really an active collector. And even now, the rush of getting new cels was tinted with those feelings.

N/A this time, but we'll see next year!
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

Not much has changed for my gallery this year. I have gradually been upgrading some of the cels in a few of the sections, but that is a project I have been working on for a few years now.

This was a pretty quiet year for me. I can't say there were any big surprises.

It would have to be a set up of the Unicorn and Schmendrick from the Last Unicorn.
http://itamejihada.net/cels/lu/lu1a.html
With the number of available cels getting smaller every year, this cel alone accounted for almost half of my spending for 2012.

I wish I had a greater number of cels to choose from, but there is not much that can be done about that. Otherwise, I really don't have any concerns.

This year is probably the first time I really don't have one. With the number of purchases really going down, it is hard to make a resolution on what little I do buy. When cels were more available, I typically ran between buying 50-65 a year. If I include impulse buys and freebies, my total for this year is 22.

I was pretty true to my resolution. I promised to be more impulsive with my buying, and I managed to do that. If I hadn't, my total cel count for the year would have been 7 instead of 22.
Kata
Sakabatō Sheath

Post by Kata »

sensei wrote:As the year comes to a close, it's for the 7th Annual "Year in Review & Cel/Sketch Resolution" thread. This is a chance to reflect on the highs and lows of the year just passing, and look ahead to some plans ahead for the next twelve months.
I did not participate last year, but I can participate this year a little even though I have not been much active in the cel community.
Nothing really. My gallery was closed for a few years and I opened it again this year, but only partially due to that I am trying to figure out how I want to start putting some of my collection back online.
Nothing really to gallery. Now cel wise I acquired a few cels i wanted for years.
A kenshin movie cel.
4. What's something that concerns you about your collecting experience?]
At this time I have none.
To just purchase cels and sketches I wanted for years and not much of newer anime.
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Resolutions frighten me, but I'll try the others. :D

I was able to reintroduce several series that I used to collect but sold everything over the years, like Elementalors and Generator Gawl.

I would have to say that I'm still very surprised that some long-time collectors have decided to cut back on many pieces they've had for years. It's kinda sad to see this happen to so many well-known galleries, but I will be forever grateful that some of their gems were able to be relocated safely into my gallery where they will stay indefinitely. Image

Oh gosh, there are too many to point out just one. I'd have to say all the oversized and pan cels I was able to get from Linda are the shinning stars of 2012. Definitely! Image

Nothing that I can think of at the moment. My gripes come and go with the wind, it seems. Image

Sorry, I really dislike resolutions. I get quite upset when I set a goal and I quickly fail to uphold it. It's depressing. But I really need to stop buying so many cels. It's easy to think that I can make my monthly salary stretch long enough to afford a couple here and there, but then I end up not having any savings and it will be another year of living in a horrible apartment that I hate just to keep this obsession going. *sigh* If anyone has any hints as to how to ween oneself from purchasing too much...I'd love to know your methods. Image

Nope, didn't do it.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

haven't done much of anything with the gallery. but collection wise I've gotten quite a bit this year and am glad to have found enough space to store them all.

one of my old time favor series started to pop up in large quantity, so I'm glad I saved up in the year before lol

can't really think of such a piece off top of my head.

too many!

I honestly feel that my collecting hobbies are dragging me down in life, not to say I haven't been a collector of many things my whole life. but there could probably be other important things and even greater things I'd be able to work on or accomplish had I not spent so much time on any of my collection. I would also like to save up as well and not spend money unnecessarily. lastly it concerns me that my taste in art changes gradually and that since I want to collect only the things I like, when I'm tired of them, if they would be worth the effort of getting rid of. and if not, then if they were really good investments compared to the pleasure I get out of them.

moment of truth. I'd like to review this one at 2013 topic:

save up, spend less and work on the ability to determine weather something is really welcomed into my collection.

N/A
GuyvarIII

Post by GuyvarIII »

I acquired a cel from the Cloud segment of Robot Carnival, and added an 8-Man section to my online gallery. For over a decade, on Crosswinds and then Rubberslug, I’ve mentioned in my synopsis of 8-Man After that it was a sequel to an earlier series, but it wasn’t until this year that I was able to obtain anything from that 1960s anime. Likewise, I have had artwork posted from every other segment of Robot Carnival, but, until this year, Cloud had always eluded my grasp.

On my Rubberslug gallery with over 5,500 items and created back in 2004, three robot cels from three different series that I uploaded on the same day at the end of 2011 have steadily received clicks, and are, as of now, the 7th, 8th, and 10th most clicked on pieces in my whole collection. :shrug

I got a lot of awesome cels and drawings this year … many of which I haven’t scanned yet.
All I’m going to say is … it’s a secret. :P

The lack of availability and/or cost of sketches from current animation.

It’s not something that would effect my collecting habits that much, as I enjoy and will buy from older series and movies. But, I want to be able to collect from all eras of animation.

Also, I think the hobby would be able to attract more new collectors, as well as visitors, if people were able to buy from the new shows they are currently watching, rather than trying to convince these new fans that a show from 2-3 seasons ago, or more likely 2-3 decades ago, is something that they should watch and collect.

I will have a Legend of the Galactic Heroes section up before next year. :bwall

I didn’t make one. :emb
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

It shrunk! I know this kinda seems silly, but I think it's been my mantra for the past few years. I've been trying to shrink the overall size of my/the hubby's collection while only adding pieces that we really, really want. The goal has been to get the collection back to a more manageable size.

Only a select few sections actually grew, AND I was able to add a wishlist cel to the Gundam Wing section among some other excellent GW artwork. While my hubby continues to mostly collect anything Transformers (comic art mostly), Macross/Robotech, and Yamato, I mainly stick to Gundam Wing these days, with a few exceptions. This year I was also able to add some awesome sketch art from .hack//SIGN to the gallery, which was both surprising and extremely gratifying. .hack//SIGN original art is a pain to find, so I tend to go nuts when I actually see some.

Every year this question is on the list, and every year, I struggle to answer it. I guess this year, the piece I'm most proud of is the lone wishlist cel I added to the Gundam Wing section: http://www.zero-space.net/gallery2/disp ... temid=3347

These days, almost nothing concerns me when it comes to collecting. Cels are one of my main (and favorite) hobbies, but they don't consume the majority of my time or life anymore.

The continued shrinking of the collection (we are rapidly approaching our overall goal, though, which is awesome).

Yep! My ongoing goal has been to shrink the collection & we've done a great job this year of sticking to that goal. :)
Princess Nadia
Kamisama - God

Post by Princess Nadia »

I LOVE this thread, and look forward to it every year!

I guess this won't mean anything to anyone else but I was able to add new *good* James Bond Jr art to my collection. Production art of this series is very scarce but when it does show up, it always seems to be in time for Christmas :) One was of my main guy, IQ as well!!!! Super happy!!!!

And, well this didn't help my gallery, but - I went to Japan! Something I dreamt of for years!

I guess this shouldn't come as a surprise, but I was taken aback. For the first time I add a good and rare cel of one of the very popular and highly collected series and ... I receive my first offensive gallery feedback :x Total cowardice as well. They left no clue as to who they were or any way of responding (not sure I would of anyway). *sigh* Guess I've been lucky to have gotten this far with no unpleasantness.

Oh well, this is easy. I adore Chuck Jones' 1955 short "One Froggy Evening" ! I'm not alone as in 1994 it was voted #5 of the 50 Greatest Cartoons of all time by members of the animation field and in 2003 the United States Library of Congress deemed the film "culturally significant" and selected it for preservation in the National Film Registry.
I have searched for many years for art from this short (and the hunt continues). I'm told most of it has been destroyed and I've actually been laughed at when I approached the main cel dealers. Not in an offensive way, please understand. More in a high hearted, "you'll be lucky", kind of way. Well, I can't believe it but I now own two rough animation sketches, by Chuck Jones himself as well as a production cel of the nameless main man. One of the sketches is of the frog jumping from the box and singing for the first time. As yet I've not scanned these, I'm a little scarred to.

Tbh, I'm kinda happy with the way things are now. There's never been a better time to collect Nadia cels - loads of great stuff every month! Um, if pushed, I guess I would say the exchange rate.

Hmmm. Well I mentioned at the start how much I love this thread and whereas I always answer it in my head, I don't think I've ever actually responded yet. Of as of this year I will make a special effort to always reply here :D

I've never yet managed to keep a cel resolution yet (I've made one every year). Some of them have bee a little juvenile, like about 4 years ago I vowed to double my Nadia collection to over 200 cels *derp, like that matters*. I still haven't done that one and I don't care if I never do :wink:
"Don't forget to try in mind"

"Everybody likes that Michigan Rag"
kizu

Post by kizu »

Aside from the non-addition of a Saitou cel, I did acquire several great pieces of Rurouni Kenshin and significantly increased my Hakuouki collection thanks mostly to collectors and ex-collectors. You know who you are! Many thanks from me! :bow

2. What was the most surprising thing that happened to your gallery/collection this year? I found artwork for Hanada Shounen-shi!!! Seriously I gave up looking for this series a couple of years ago eventhough before then it was always included in my daily RK search. This series just tugs at my heart strings much like Totoro (though my only dream of totoro is to own a reasonably priced cel of the umbrella scene)... This show had my crying and laughing from start to finish and it's really special to me since it has very nostalgic appeal to me. Of course it's such an under the radar series that when Takamura store updated, I completely missed it. But I found it now so all is well. :D

3. Which piece were you most proud of acquiring in 2012? It's a toss-up between Aoshi and Kenshin this time as there was no Saitou to leave them all behind. Hehehehe. But seriously it's this drool worthy Aoshi-sama http://hajimenokizu.rubberslug.com/gall ... mID=346179 and this very significant Kenshin from the OVA http://hajimenokizu.rubberslug.com/gall ... mID=359687. I just love the expression on his face, the scene and if you know what Tomoe is saying, you almost feel like you were Tomoe looking at Kenshin and seeing what a wonderful person Kenshin really is. :)

I can't find Saitou cels and when I do it tends to be on auction and I do badly on those! :bawl But we'll see if my luck will change. :(

I want to seriously look at my collection and catalogue it properly on a second website.. I want to use an off-rubberslug gallery since that allows me to do that. Nowadays I just don't feel like RS fulfills my needs to curate my collector properly. I feel kind of forced to use it because that's where other collectors and their artwork converges and so it's essential if I want to share my collection and even further it but it's sorely lacking in support and the updates in category/series just bothers me. I keep thinking that one day it might end up getting shut down and I'll have lost all my work. I understand it's a free service so I'm grateful it's there but I just feel that a second website would give me some insurance even if double the work. I also want to just finally pare down my collection to those pieces I truly will keep. :wink:

6. If you posted a cel/sketch-related resolution in 2011, how true did you stay to it? True in such that I did add a lot more RK and Shinsengumi to my gallery (plus other artwork)... But not true for RK Saitou, I found a couple but it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe I'll do better this year? *nods* :cucu

Happy New Year to all AB members. May the coming year brings us more cels to love and to keep. :wave:
KuroiTsubasa4
Kamisama - God

Post by KuroiTsubasa4 »

Hmmmmm...I suppose the best thing that's happened to my gallery would be expanding it to include a wider variety of shot types. Initially it was mostly close-ups, but I've been working hard to acquire some new and interesting cels. I do still love close-ups though.

The most surprising would be adding some great cels to my gallery that I had admired in other collectors' galleries. I never thought I'd get the chance to own them but thanks to all of the offer periods, I've had some great opportunities. (Thanks guys!)

That's a pretty impossible question >.< Here are four (despite what I said, most of them are close-ups >.<):

CCS: http://kuroitsubasa4.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=355115
FY: http://kuroitsubasa4.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=350789
IY:http://kuroitsubasa4.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=360784
YYH: http://kuroitsubasa4.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=346456

Money...Because there's always the chance that you only get one shot at owning a cel I'm very tempted by many things. I do pretty well at avoiding high priced items but get drawn in by lower cost auctions XD I hope now that I'm pretty proud of my collection I can start being pickier.

To be pickier. It's hard when it comes to my favorite series because there are just soooooo many moments I want to collect and all this talk of a shrinking market has me worried they might not come around again T_T

N/A This is my first time ;)
90sKid
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by 90sKid »

What an interesting thread. :)

The best thing that happened was the fact that I got a chance at some really nice DBZ cel sales this year. And some of them were really great deals too such as a few $12-$25 cels I managed to buy, and am still very excited about!

The most surprising thing would be the free cels/sketches I've received from some of the members I've purchased from. They were totally unexpected when they arrived in the packages with my other goods, and I'm really thankful for each and every piece! This community has really shown me how awesome it can be at times. You guys know who you are! :)

Like a few others I have a couple that really stick out for me, so I'll list them:

http://90skid.rubberslug.com/gallery/in ... mID=347702 (One of my favorite moments from DBZ)

http://90skid.rubberslug.com/gallery/in ... mID=349748 (Love this shot of Goku!)

http://90skid.rubberslug.com/gallery/in ... mID=344249 (Absolutely adore the coloring in this piece. One of my fav purchases from a great member here!)

http://90skid.rubberslug.com/gallery/in ... mID=345517 (Awesome perspective shot!)

http://90skid.rubberslug.com/gallery/in ... mID=347140 (Still am so happy to have gotten this one for a great deal! Just LOVE this show!)

I think I have the same worry as many--money. It's like at the end of an auction, some creature possesses me to bid way more than I intended to, especially with time extension lots haha. Heat of the moment bidding is something I really need to watch. ^^U

I definitely want to slow down my cel browsing, especially on sites like Ebay and Yahoo Japan. Because of the holidays I've stayed off of them for personal interest (other than my absolute must-check cel shows haha), and realized how empty my watchlist stays when I'm not looking for cels in general. Even if I see a cel I would have really liked to bid on that has already ended, I don't feel as sad missing out on it because I wasn't watching it for days and getting my excitement up.

I didn't get to post one last year, but I'm going to try to keep this one! :)