Gallery Items with most hits

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Gallery Items with most hits

Post by Captain Haddock »

Hi all,

I know I post one in a blue moon (maybe even purple moon the rate things are going), but I did have a question for all you rubberslug users. I was looking through my gallery in the admin bit doing an update and started looking at the numbers of hits for each item. Now I thought that my Akira stuff would have the biggest volume of hits as it's the most well known movie on my page, but however I was surprised to find that Ninja Scroll had actually beat it, in most cases hands down. My guess is because this is a rarer show, so people are more liable to look at it because they are looking at a smaller pool. That said however it could be that my NS images are more visually striking than my Akira ones. perhaps.

I was wondering therefore what shows/pieces have you found had the most hits and did this surprise you?
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Re: Gallery Items with most hits

Post by teggacat »

yes, this is rather interesting, I found the highest hit getter in my gallery to be rather unusual
considering it is one single sketch in the "misc." section from the movie Sword of the Stranger
and not from one of the more popular shows I collect from, Go Figure :P
And great to see you still lurking about CptH!
:cheers
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Yeah it is funny what comes up. Mine is the cel of Tessi molesting (to put it mildly) Kagero. In many ways it's quite a horrific image, yet I guess because he's a rare character people check it out. But yeah your right, go figure.

Yeah I'm still around collecting, though at a much less prolific rate. There just isn't the same volume of material and I have less disposable income. I like to dap in occasionally on this here board, just to say hi and see how people are getting on though!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I have some very odd high-hitters. My top 50 has been pretty stable for several years, almost all of it CCS as this was my core collection and the series is still very collectable. However, a couple of years ago, a layout of two minor characters from Inuyasha began to rise rapidly in the standing, hitting the #1 spot in pretty short order. It currently has 7159 hits, or 2280 more hits than the #2 item. That's actually 6.8% of all the hits that my gallery has gotten to date! I have no idea why, except that there may not be many good images of Rengokuki, who gets offed within ten minutes of his first appearance. So a link to it may be up on an Inuyasha Wiki page somewhere.

#2 is pretty understandable: it's a CCS "Nude Bank" that I have curtained so you have to click on it to see it. #3 is another CCS cel that was obsessively coveted by another collector, so much so that he put a link to it up on his own website.

But #4 is another oddball: it's not even original but a facsimile genga from Mushishi that was sold as a promotion to fans who came to see a special screening of the final episodes in theatres. (These otherwise went direct to DVD without being aired on TV.) Again, I have no idea why, although it is, truth to tell, a very fine color copy of a superbly done sketch. (Even the YHJ seller said, "These are copies, I think." Yeah, they are, and I knew they would be. But they are nice and I love them, so it's comforting that someone else does too.)

Other odd ducks in the top flock come from Saiyuki, Tonde Buurin, PowerPuff Girls Z (2x), TnN, and the Rayearth OVA.

Thanks for the interesting topic idea Cap'n. It's good to hear from you, and I hope you'll stick around. It's been right quiet lately.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

The most popular piece in my gallery appears to be a Battle Athletes sketch (696 hits), followed by a cel of ChaCha from the Akazukin ChaCha series (683 hits), a CCS cel of The Firey (667 hits) and my Agent Aika cel (658 hits). It does seem fairly weird to me, as i would have expected other items to be at the top of the list, especially some of my CCS and Nadesico cels. Akazukin ChaCha isn't a particularly well known series, so i'm puzzled why 3 cels from that show should be in the top 10 most viewed items of my gallery. The Battle Athletes hanken douga that tops the list of my gallery's most popular pieces on the other hand is, oddly enough, the only item in my Battle Athletes section to have a large number of views (more than 10 times as many as either of the hanken cels of Akari). Very odd...completely different from what i would have anticipated.
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Ha ha, Sensei I laughed because that first Inuyasha sketch you mention has had more hits than the entirety of my gallery! Still guess it's my fault for only updating once in a blue moon. :hurt: Anyway it's a nice sketch that Inuyasha one, I like the demon Horse particularly lush colouration.

There is a definite link to obscurity, if you hog a little market it obviously will ramp up the interest correspondingly (particularly in your case where it's a popular show). For you though your CCS collection is basically peerless, so it will always soak up limelight. I've got some great Akira pieces, but there are a lot of Akira collections out there many of which are larger and/or have 'That' bike, which will mean mine never quite gets as much attention.

I'm glad to know it's not just me who's puzzled by peoples viewing psychology on my site.
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

The "most hits" item in my gallery is kind of strange. It's a rather unremarkable sketch of Sanzo, from Saiyuki. Not that it's not a nice sketch; it is, and I like it a lot. It just surprises me that more people click on it than anything else in my gallery, particularly considering I didn't think most folks visited Saiyuki at all. And this sketch isn't from a major scene or anything like that. Maybe it's hard to see what the sketch looks like from the thumbnail, so people click on it?

There's no telling, really. I guess I will just be happy that folks visit my gallery and leave it at that, ha, ha! :D

Captain Haddock: I spend a lot of time visiting your Ninja Scroll section. That show is visually stunning, and I love the artwork you've collected from it. I can't say that I'm the one responsible for the popularity of the Tessai / Kagero cel, though. :hitting:
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Kasi »

My items with the highest hits are unsurprisingly the ones found in Google Image searches, and thus, hits mean little to me X|
toonybabe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by toonybabe »

When I checked my most popular items I was really suprised too. A couple of my Don Bluth cels and Chipmunk Adventure cels (mostly the Chipettes) get the most hits. After that random model sheets Scooby, Unico and Two Stupid Dogs are really popular. I would have never guessed... /hmm
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I think it's easier just posting a screencap:
They're from:
1. Tokyo Underground
2-3. Words Worth
4. Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
5. Tenchi Muyo Universe
6. Doukyuusei 2 OVA
7. Kannazuki no Miko
8. Tenkousei
9. Kakyuusei TV series

#1 got at least 70-75 hits because someone was using it to draw their own sketch. It showed up a lot in Google image searches too. The Words Worths showed up on Google images also. The counts don't really surprise me anymore. It's just a combination of image searches and random viewers looking at things.

I agree. Sometimes the less common items will get more hits just because people don't see them as often (and because there are less images of them on the internet too).
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

sensei wrote:It currently has 7159 hits, or 2280 more hits than the #2 item. That's actually 6.8% of all the hits that my gallery has gotten to date!
Firstly, the analyst in me has to comment: Wow!! That is pretty special; that roughly calculates out to be 2.5 views PER DAY ever since the scan was first uploaded back in mid-2005!?

Going against the current trend, my most popular items do make sense to me and therefore not much of a surprise:

1. Saber Shower scene - 1,082 views
(This represents about 20% of my total gallery view-count where so far it has attracted 1view per day since uploading in August 2010).

2. Kaname Setting FMP - 778 views

3. Rei: Opening Credits - 522 views

4. Escaflowne Opening Credit of Varie - 471 views

5. Escaflowne (naked) Hitomi End Credit - 426 views
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Here is my list:

#1 - 1937 Snow White with baby blue bird
http://starphoenix.rubberslug.com/galle ... mID=213327
This is no surprise as I have had a ton of comments on this particular piece.

#2 - Inuyasha kissing Kikyo
http://starphoenix.rubberslug.com/galle ... mID=110384
I am kind of surprised on this one being #2. But, then again, it was one of the earliest cels I have updated.

#3 - 1935 Band Concert Mickey
http://starphoenix.rubberslug.com/galle ... mID=243800
Not surprised on this one.

#4 - 1990 Transformers Victory Saber
http://starphoenix.rubberslug.com/galle ... mID=191855
This I am surprised about. It was not in the top 10 most viewed pieces when I last checked about a month ago.
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

My most popular cel appears to be Misty from Pokemon with 1,000 hits. The second one is from Hime-chan no Ribbon (914), which surprises me because most anime fans don't know about the show! The third is from Muppet Babies with 895 hits. Interesting!
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Well it seems like quite a common thread and it goes to show that whatever you may think is an interesting piece may not necessarily correspond to what people look at on your site. And in many cases it seems to be damn obscure, though as discussed this could be down to Linking or rarity as much as anything else.

Tex your site is a trove I spend sometimes spend some time gawping at it. You collect from alot of shows I haven't watched (including Sayuki) but you've got tons of material with some really exceptional pieces. I'm glad you gain enjoyment from checking out mine though, nice to know there are people out there who are intrigued (even if you aren't the contributor to the Tessai viewings! :P )
GuyvarIII
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by GuyvarIII »

Captain Haddock, I’ve clicked on your “Benisato” and “My best hat!” quite a few times.

My top two hit getters, Shaia from Gowcaizer, and Glo Friends, have been the same for years. They don’t surprise me. Shaia is a perfectly posed Obari babe. Glo Friends was a popular children’s toy for my generation, and cels from the corresponding TV show are almost nonexistent. Number three is currently Sharptooth from Land Before Time, a well liked family movie.

Since my user name is GuyvarIII, I am a little surprised that my Guyver cels are slowly disappearing from my top hitters, but I guess the shows are just not being watched by new or old fans as much as other anime.

The most surprising thing to me about my most viewed items, are my next three.

Four, five, and six, are all ‘bot cels I uploaded on the same day, December 13, 2011. They rose above all the other cels together at a fast rate (considering I started uploading to Rubberslug in ‘04). They don’t have the same number of hits, so it is not someone or something uniformly clicking on all three. But, I wonder… because some days they all gain the same number of views. Generally speaking, within shows, my robots get less views than people. However, within their designated sections, each of these cels is significantly and oddly higher than every other cel from their corresponding show (and the L-Gaim isn’t even the titular robot!).

I had thought that nostalgia would drive up my Speed Racer cels,

Cinephiles would propel my “arty” shorts,

or, the more composed look of my Hankens/advertising art might take over my top hitters …

But, this has never happened.