The *JOYS* of Resales

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Re: The *JOYS* of Resales

Post by Kasi »

And re-listing is free (the last I heard).

Edit:
To add to the resales discussion.
I agree on two things, an item worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it - a 'true' value is hard to determine, and that price is sensitive to the market at the time.

There are some cels in my collection that if I were to resell I would put one hell of a mark up on them because of these factors. The cels are now much rarer on the market, and they are worth a lot to me personally.
There are others that even if they mean a lot to me, I could never resell for the price I paid.

Still I really do dislike massive price gouging where the owner is simply taking advantage of people. I am probably referring to a general webshop that irritates me, buying production art, marking it up beyond belief and marketing it to a community who know little about the art and that the pieces are readily available much cheaper elsewhere :?
teppy
Anime Geek

Re: The *JOYS* of Resales

Post by teppy »

KuroiTsubasa4 wrote: On a semi-related note, I think it's interesting how some sellers will list a bunch of cels of varying quality all for the same starting price. There are often ones that are awkward poses, or have semi-closed eyes listed for the exact same price as a top notch cel (and a high price at that...). They don't seem to take into consideration that things like pose, character, fan-favorite moments, etc. play a role in the demand for the cels. >.< Those are usually the cels that I see circulating over and over.
Sounds like a seller who isn't very discerning about their product. That's another thing to remember: not everyone in this business has an appreciation for artwork or aesthetics. It's a business, and perhaps they aren't the best business people. :? On a similar note - it really is the collector who imbues value to the artwork. While I agree that it is great for collectors to "help each other out" where ever possible - as this builds friendship, goodwill and a positive sense of others - we, as collectors, can't expect that this sensibility is shared by others. Some are just looking to make money. And, thankfully, we don't have to buy the product if we object to the price...
Looking for: Excellent cels of Misa Hayase from Macross.