Need advice

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Need advice

Post by majinuub »

OK kinda angry as this is the 1st time this has happened to me and my local PO has been little to no help. I ordered a shipment of cels via EMS from on of my deputies. Unfortunately I took too long to pick up the package(didn't know the USPS holds express packages for five days only before returning it) and when I arrived the employee stated the package has been returned to the sender. I immediately informed my deputy of this and they wrote that they will let me know when the package has returned. It's been over a month since then and so far the EMS tracking status still says that it's at my PO with a "retention period". I contacted my deputy again and they said it still hasn't arrived :l .

Now should I file an insurance claim since it was an EMS package or wait a few more days for the package(it is going all the way back to Japan) to hopefully arrive to my deputy. I'd rather have the cels than the money since, while it wasn't too expensive, one was a wishlist of mine. I just fear that if I file a claim they would just refund and never bother to search for the package :( . Or will the claim help encourage them to actually track the package?
graymouser

Re: Need advice

Post by graymouser »

Its hard to say. Personally, I would give them a little more time. Maybe check with the post office and be sure it really left and isn't sitting on a shelf somewhere in the back. I have had stuff sit at the post office where they initially could not locate it; only to find out it was moved while they were looking for something else.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

I would talk to the deputy and find out if they have had simular episodes in the past and what was needed.
The hold up maybe with Japan customs or maybe postage due for the return.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Matt
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Matt »

Hi,

Unfortunately, a lot depends on what option was checked on the shipping/customs form in case of non-delivery. Sometimes people don't select the return to sender option and in that case the items sit at the post office for an undetermined amount of time then they are destroyed. Sadly, I have first hand experience with that one :bawl My experience was with Germany and we all know not to ship to Germany X|

Good Luck! Here's hoping your cels arrive safe and sound!

Matt
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Thanks for the replies for everyone who responded. I went to my PO for again and the employee was about to state the same thing that the others had repeatedly mention to me(it was returned) until I explained that the last location that it arrived at was there. She then decided check the tracking info and told me to wait there. Well, it looks like my package was at my PO the whole time. Turns out he reason it wasn't found before was because the package ended up in one of the crevices where express post is held(it was that thin apparently). I'm just glad that it's home now :) . I'll try to add a photo/scan of my lot as soon as I return home.
Matt
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Matt »

Awesome! That's Great news! :bounce

- Matt
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Woot! Congratulations on finally getting the package!
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Here's some quick photos from my phone(ie crap quality):

This was my wishlist cel. A profile shot of organ symphony from episode 23.