Advise on Cel shops in tokyo

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
hcels

Advise on Cel shops in tokyo

Post by hcels »

Hi peeps, i've been lurking around fow quite some time now, but as i am in Tokyo at the moment i might aswell introduce myself!

I've been collecting cels for a year or so, I'm a fan of spicy shows like Words Worth, Kite and Mezzo and it is reflected on my collection and my a-b profile name ;)
It's been a good year and ive been fortunate enough to lay my grubby hands on some really sweet cels, many of which came from a-b members.

Lately ive been yearning to share my collection with the world, but as i did not have proper cel-bags for replacing the old ones i could'nt scan the cels.

I am staying in Tokyo (shinjuku) for a couple of weeks so i was wondering if you guys could help me out with a little bit of info on where to get cel-bags and maybe pin point some nice shops for cels and/or production art.

From what ive been able to find out Mandrake has a good selection of stores as seen in this link: Mandrake Stores

Also cutiebunny mentioned in an old thread that twin_angels_xx from YJ has a store in Tokyo, but im not sure where though...

Thanks
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Re: Advise on Cel shops in tokyo

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

hcels wrote:From what ive been able to find out Mandrake has a good selection of stores as seen in this link: Mandrake Stores

Also cutiebunny mentioned in an old thread that twin_angels_xx from YJ has a store in Tokyo, but im not sure where though...
Welcome, newbie lurker! :D Hope you're enjoying Japan. I live in Yokohama. :)

Mandarake has a bunch of stores throughout Japan, but you can find some of their Tokyo locations from their site. They don't always have anything you're looking for, but I have--on MANY occasions--been super surprised with the wishlist items I've been able to randomly find there. Even the small shops are worth checking out for this fact alone!

Your best bet for cel browsing is going to be at Nakano Broadway mall in Nakano (1 stop away from Shinjuku on the JR Chuou Line Rapid, or 3 on Local). Take the north exit and go through the little shoutengai (covered mall) and you'll come right to the entrance of Nakano Broadway. Tsuboi-san at Anime Shop Commit (twin_angels_xx) has his shop on the 4th floor. I'm sure you'll find lots of H cels and other goodies there, although I tend to avoid that area. heehee ^^; Mandarake's cel shop is on the same floor and wing as ASC, so you're bound to find both easily.

Anime World Star also has their shop on the 2nd or 3rd floor (I forget now since they never have new things I collect, I don't go very often). But for a new collector who hasn't been to their store before, you better get in there at least once. They have some pretty sweet sales from time to time.

I think those are the main shops around town. If anyone else has come across another one besides these places, feel free to pitch in! :D
Take care and enjoy shopping!! You're making me want to go now....heehee
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Welcome hcels! Its really nice to see fellow adult cel collectors, with such elaborating yet straightforward username nonetheless!!
hcels

Post by hcels »

Thanks for exellent advice!

I've visited Tsuboi-sans shop and found many pretty cels ;) It was great to meat him in person coz ive been a customer of his for some time @ his yahoo store. Unfortunatly I dont speak much japanese yet so it was kinda hard to communicate but i somewhat managed to ask for shows of interest.

The best part was that i've found cel bags, so i can finally safely scan my collection. Well that and also that i picked up a cel from Midnight Panther, good stuff :D

@theultimatebrucelee - Thanks for the welcome. You sir have a great collection, we should be friends.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Thanks! and glad you find cel bags alright. I look forward to see your collection as well :) what are some of your favor series?