Oddest Merchandise You Own

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Oddest Merchandise You Own

Post by cutiebunny »

I went to the J-List panel this year at Anime Expo, and as is the norm, they held a giveaway of several items. After raffling off several of the generic version, J-List raffled off an "onna-hole" pertaining to a character from Oreimo. After praying to the Fates that I would not win such an item, I thought about all the different types of merchandise, both legit and not, created and what everyone here might own (or fess up to owning).

What's the oddest anime merchandise you own and what made you want to buy it?

My oddest - An 'oppai' mousepad. And not the one aimed towards women with some male character's cheeks as the pad. I'm referring to the one marketed to straight men.

True, probably not the oddest item to own. But it's not something that you'd suspect that I own. I received the mousepad as a bonus for buying sketches at the MangaGamer booth at AX in 2010. Since I bought several sketches, I have a couple of replacements X|

Originally, I had no intention of using it because it just wasn't my thing. But when my computer was set up a couple years ago, I found that I didn't have a mousepad. Knowing I still had the MangaGamer bonus items, I fished one of the pads out and tried it out. And you know what, I have to say that it's the best mousepad I've ever had. Super comfortable and great wrist support. To be quite honest, I can't imagine using anything else ever again.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Oddest Merchandise You Own

Post by sensei »

Not the same sort, but I still have a life-sized cardboard stand-up display of Jar-Jar Binks from Star Wars I advertising Mountain Dew. (It's knocked down, but I can see it from where I'm typing.)
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

A while ago, there was a very close to life size doll of Sailor Moon that was floating around among the members of our very own community here. I'm going to hazard a guess that I'm going to be it's final owner, having gotten it when I helped a Beta member move many many years ago. :) She's around about 4 ft tall with "real" hair. (Made of some man-made fiber...) My husband adores the thing and she's in his mini-man cave, wearing Bengals gear. LOL (And her original dress too, which is under the Bengals gear. ^_^)

I like Sailor Moon, but he was always a bigger fan than I was. ^_^
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I don't have anything that unusual. :)

I've got a collectible Sentimental Graffiti doll of Manami Sugihara that I got from YJ after I got frustrated at never being able to win a good character cel of any of the characters from the anime. It's still in its box.