Do you ever...?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Do you ever...?

Post by KinoLRB »

Okay, so, maybe this is a weird topic. But...

Do you ever dream about cels, or just the hobby in general? While thankfully I'm not so obsessed that I dream about them every night, every now and then they creep into my subconscious while I sleep. For example, I recently dreamed that an amazing selection of Gunsmith Cats cels--super rare!--appeared on YJ. The prices were reasonable too!

And about a year ago, when I was really obsessed with the hobby and feared that I was spending too much, I had a nightmare where I was engulfed in blackness while hundreds of blank celluloid rained endlessly from above, drowning me. :(

I know I've had a few others, but these are the most notable examples.

Share your cel-related dreams. Hopefully I'm not alone. :)
eyes0nme19
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Re: Do you ever...?

Post by eyes0nme19 »

Haha... I dreamed I had traveled to Japan. Entered into this secluded, run down store. Couldn't speak a word of Japanese but I was able to get my message across to the owner. He led me to the back into a room that had shelves holding stacks upon stacks of sketches all from my favorite shows/characters. I never felt so much happiness. Of course I basically bought everything with my limitless amount of money. When I woke up from that dream... :l
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

A few years ago I had a dream where I found a huge box of The Last Unicorn cels at a yard sale for like $40. Which I thought was funny, since I don't own ANY art from that movie. LOL!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I find that I have very unproductive and repetitive dreams now, not often scary, but also not often gratifying either. But a few nights ago one had a sequence in which I was patiently, doggedly, removing strips of celotape from a cel. Kinda a nice metaphor for my present state of life.
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

I dream about pomegranates and oranges lately! :-D

I used to dream about finding that ultra rare OMFG art a few years ago. But, recently, it is all about oranges! And for those of you who are wondering why I dream of oranges, the answer is, yes I am!
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by noildoof »

Yes.
Sometimes I dream about finding a cel I want from a really rare and obscure show, and other times I have nightmares about vinegar syndrome melting my cels. And then on some occasions I have dreams you shouldn't even be allowed to dream about: Like finding a Snow White cel for less than $100. lol