Cel/Douga Secret Santa?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
Princess Nadia
Kamisama - God

Re: Cel/Douga Secret Santa?

Post by Princess Nadia »

Well, I've just had great fun looking through my cel books to choose something to part with :D :D :D
I think I've got it, but I'm kinda torn between two. But they're both good :love:

And I KNEW who I was going to get when I signed up :wink: 8)

Thank you for setting this up cutiebunny!

Yum! Green tea kit-kats! I brought some online but my best friend stole them! She loved them so much, I let her *hugs*
I've picked some UK chocolate to send to my secret santa. I've done my research and there's one type that frequently rated well with international reviewers (not cadburys!). I also hope to include a small example of what I think is the UK's finest animation project. It's a cheap cash in but the original art is next to impossible to find and the dvds are region 2, but if it peeks enough interest, the series can be found on youtube.

I'm taking this too seriously, aren't I? :wink:
"Don't forget to try in mind"

"Everybody likes that Michigan Rag"
Punkxprince
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Punkxprince »

My secret Santa gift went out today! No candy unfortunately for a couple different reasons but I did include not one but TWO cels so maybe that will make up for the lack of candy heh.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I could easily have sent twice as many cels as I did: my various piles of "extras" have been growing in the absence of con panels this year. I also had some odds and ends left over from stuff I picked up at old cons. It was a good opportunity to turn some dusty piles and get some unduly neglected items into other hands. Thanks for the opportunity, CB. I'll be happy whatever I get in return, plastic, paper, or munchies.
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

So did everyone received their gifts? I'm uploading mines sometime this week(thank you so much whoever sent it :)). Would be happy to do this next year as well(and hopefully with more participants).
sensei

Post by sensei »

I haven't gotten anything yet, but there are three more postage delivery days before the big day. (I'm also hoping for my last check from my online teaching job, too.)
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Princess Nadia wrote: I've done my research and there's one type that frequently rated well with international reviewers (not cadburys!).:
Are we talking about Kindereggs?! Those things are super addictive. :)

I'm glad everyone thus far has enjoyed the project, and if you have any suggestions for next year, I'm all ears. I received my Secret Santa package, sent out a bonus thank you package and USPS confirmed delivery on the Secret Santa package I sent, so..hopefully everyone is happy.

And yeah, Sensei, USPS has been super slow this year. All of my packages heading to the East Coast this year have taken five days to get there instead of the promised three.
Princess Nadia
Kamisama - God

Post by Princess Nadia »

I have received my secret Santa and I love me new cels! Very generous!!!!! :-)

I think I know who sent them and will pm them a thank you when time allows (holidays, urk!)

My secret Santa was sent a week ago Saturday, hope to hear it has arrived safely :-) if not I will send my second choice cel!

Princess Nadia
Kamisama - God

Post by Princess Nadia »

cutiebunny wrote:
Princess Nadia wrote: I've done my research and there's one type that frequently rated well with international reviewers (not cadburys!).:
Are we talking about Kindereggs?! Those things are super addictive
Oh! You don't have them? I had no idea! No, the chocolate I sent is a uk favourite. It tastes much better than kinda egg but doesn't come with a toy!

If anyone is interested in kinder eggs, I'm very happy to pick up some for fellow betarans :-) I'm currently trying to get a box of Frozen eggs! Pm if interested!

Punkxprince
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Punkxprince »

I got my Secret Santa gift a week or so ago but just haven't had time to even post that I received it yet. Thank you to my secret santa! I love really colorful characters! I'll scan and upload pictures sometime in the near future.
90sKid
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by 90sKid »

I loved my gifts! The shikishi was really cool (something so pretty about Japanese writing) and the cel is a great portrait shot! I'm actually really excited to try out the animes my gifts came from. Vampire Princess Miyu seems like a show that's right down my alley! Both story and animation. :) I needed new shows to watch, so thanks so much!

(And omigosh those Kit Kat's were delicious! I love white chocolate and green tea, so that was a great tasting treat! Thanks so much, I had a lot of fun munching them all down last night! :3 Now you've got me interested in what else Japan has to offer us ha!)

I also wanted to say my Secret Santa gift has been received by it's recipient, (You're very welcome! It was fun picking it out for you :D) so everything worked out on my end!
sensei

Post by sensei »

Signed today for a rectangular package containing "Drawing / Comic / Maltesers " from the Birmingham UK region. I'm putting this under the tree hoping it's from "Sacred Satan." Also a cube-shaped package (no contents listed) from Castro Valley, California, that I think might be from one of SS's regional imps. Thanks to both friends! :evil:
sensei

Post by sensei »

[Sensei emerges from the wreckage of Christmas, weary, bruised, sniffling from a new virus, to say in his /wah swimmyheaded way:]

Thanks to my Secret Santa for the nice cel of the intense little secret agent talking to someone on his DickTracyesque wristwatch/walkie-talkie, as well as the interesting Dreamstone Brit-toon animanga, and the mini Mars bars and the Malteasers and the HASA DIGA EEBOWA!! button which I will wear on my lapel to church with pride.

And to Cutiebunny for the green tea Kit-Kat bars and the Cheetos with bonito power, which are zesty additions to the household cuisine.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I wanted to thank my Secret Santa for the nice package he sent with all the goodies inside. Loved the CCS and Tonde Burin cel, and the Oreimo tchotchkes. Did I mention I'm a huge Oreimo fan, despite the ending...actually, I like the ending.. :)

Glad that the Green Tea Kit Kats were a hit. My Asian super has started to carry them, so I sent out quite a few this holiday and I will be bringing many more packs of them to conventions this year because I've already been informed that I'm not getting into the hotel room without them. :O