Cel around the globe part 2 - Next up is Cutiebunny

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Cel around the globe part 2 - Next up is Cutiebunny

Post by majinuub »

I remember participating this project started by Hotice years ago. Basically, it was members of this forum signing a random cel and mailing it on to the next person. Thinking back, I thought it was a wonderful and fun project for active members and was wondering if anyone would like to help revive it(with a new disposable cel of course).

List so far:
majinuub - Signed
Drac of the Sharp Smiles - Signed
Jadeduo - Signed
Itadakimasu! - Signed
Milestogo - Signed
Princess Nadia - Signed
cutiebunny - Signed
Last edited by majinuub on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: Cel around the globe part 2

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

Oh!! I remember this!! But by the time I saw it, the cel was already slowing down. I would love to be part of it! I can look and see if I have a just cel..... I don't know if I do, but I might.
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

I remember taking a picture with it in Az by my blooming cactus....what ever became of it ?
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

I don't recall taking any photos. I think it's because the cel arrived at a bad time.
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Bumping this to see if people are still interested in this project :D .
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

I'm in and I can get two more beta-ers on this as well, one new, one not, also I think if it makes it down to FL. Re-Pete is in south Palm Beach county? I think he should totally join in :) It would be an excuse for me to drive down to Funky Buddha :)

JD
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I remember taking a picture of the cel at Daiso, posing it with some pet beds and stuffed animal. I had the picture on RS, but then the photo albums were shut down...

I'll have to see if I can't find it on one of my old memory cards. Makes me appreciate my smartphone even more.

I'm all for this project as well. I can throw in a blank sheet of acetate in case the cel gets filled with autographs and sketches. I have a Minky Momo cel I'm willing to sacrifice to the cause. Should I send it out?
Princess Nadia
Kamisama - God

Post by Princess Nadia »

Go on, I'm in :-)
"Don't forget to try in mind"

"Everybody likes that Michigan Rag"
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Ok, so since Majinuub suggested the project, I'll send the cel to him first. Please send me your address in a PM when you can.

I guess we'll just go in order by those that were interested in the project and posted here. Others are more than welcome to join and we'll send to them in order of their response.
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

That's great cutiebunny thanks :) . I'll edit the 1st post for the list of participants so far. Also I'll give it a few more days(about 3) to start just in case anyone else is interested
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Add on Itadakimasu! and Milestogo I will walk over to their house to get them to sign :) (then ship it out from there) I live 3 blocks from them ^_^ I was late to join that party when they did the cel around the world thingy, but if I remember correctly to save on shipping if possible the rounds were done by city/state so that the cel would start at the east or west coast as the origin point, and then go to the next closest collector, and then that collector would send to the next closest and so on and so forth.

What do you guys think?
JD
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

OK added :D . Last call for anyone who wants to participate in this project :) . I prefer it to start on Tuesday. Btw I'd also like to follow up on what Jadeduo stated about getting the states/countries to save on shipping cost for everyone. If anyone outside of the states wants to participate but feels the cost of shipping is too high don't be hesitant to contact me bout it :) .
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I don't know about shipping with UPS, but if you send USPS, the distance doesn't matter unless you're shipping internationally. It's a flat fee for USPS to domestic locations and to APOs.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Just wanted to give a heads up that I sent the cel on Tuesday, so it is on its way to its first recipient :)
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Ok I got the cel (thanks again cutie :)) I'm contacting Drac right now to see if she's still interested.