Need help ID'ing Inuyasha cels!!!

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Need help ID'ing Inuyasha cels!!!

Post by nowherekid85 »

I have a ton of cels/sketches that I would love to know the episode numbers to. I've been trying to get as many screenshots as possible, and I know descriptions are in high demand, but I need a lot of help ID'ing what I have so I can add these things.
To make it easier, if I already know which episode the cel is from, I have EP # in the title, and OP # for all my opening cels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Need help ID'ing Inuyasha cels!!!

Post by sensei »

Just a wild shot, but I noticed you had cels with photocopy matching backgrounds. If these are big enough, sometimes they will have numbers in the top right, like 43 - 108 or some such. If so, the 43 is the episode number and the 108 is the cut number. That can often help you nail the context.

And actually, in pulling out my very small batch of IY cels (just four in all :shrug ), I found that three of them had something like #82 - 148 written on the top. The first number is the episode number, and the second is the cut. An episode generally had about 300 cuts, so this one would show up just before or after the eyecatch.

Good Luck!!!! :cheers
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

I do have a lot of copy bgs with those numbers on them, so I will try and see if I can figure out where a lot of them come from that way. I know I do have a few that are non-matching, and a lot with no bg, but at least this should hopefully help me ID quite a lot more than what I already have.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

After going through my entire collection twice now, and checking every single copy background, layout, etc that I have, I was able to update the episode number for quite a few.

There are still many that I don't have an episode number for, so if anybody ever sees something they happen to recognize, please let me know!!