Need Help ID'ing Cel!

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Need Help ID'ing Cel!

Post by GoalieZero »

Hey all!

So I've decided to start a new project and that's collecting any ice hockey related cels from any series out there.

There's a few obvious 90s shows to collect from (i.e. The Mighty Ducks cartoon, Pro-Stars with Wayne Gretzky) but there's also a couple of obscure series that have hockey related scenes and cels.

And the first cel I've picked up is outside of my knowledge of which series it's from, so I need your guys' help with this one!

The mask is obviously an homage to Jason Voorhees (nerd alert: which was a mold of an old Fibrosport Detroit Red Wings goalie mask). Cel is an A1 End cel.

Any help would be appreaciated! Thanks! :D
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: Need Help ID'ing Cel!

Post by JWR »

It might be from an episode of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with the character being Casey Jones who wore a hockey mask.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Re: Need Help ID'ing Cel!

Post by GoalieZero »

Good guess, JWR!

Casey Jones' mask was actually very distinctive in that it was basically a Slipknot mask and not based on any real goalie mask. It had no circular air holes and just three vertical lines around the mouth.

Incidentally I am actually gonna look for a Casey Jones cel for this section!

This one is definitely from an anime and not an American style animation.