Cel/Douga Secret Santa Year 2

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Cel/Douga Secret Santa Year 2

Post by cutiebunny »

As the holidays are fast approaching, I thought it would be nice to revive the Cel/Douga Secret Santa project started last year.

For those of you who didn't participate last year and want to do so this year, this works like other workplace Secret Santa gatherings where you're given the name and address of another person participating in the project, and you send them a cel, sketch or background from your collection. The goal of the project is to keep the gift less than $20, so please don't send artwork featuring a random leg or arm. It should be readily identifiable (ie. a cel with a woman on it). This is a good way to get rid of some extras in your collection or maybe pick out something special that that collector might like. I realize that we're still in the month of November, so this will give you some time to pick up something or go through your collection to find something you'd like to give.

You are, of course, more than welcome to send other things along with your gift. Last year, some of the other items exchanged were candy, cards and more artwork. Including optional trinkets in with your gift is optional.

This is open to all Beta members, regardless of whether you live in the US or elsewhere.

If you're interested, please let me know and I'll add you to the list of participants.

Participants:
Punkxprince
Majinuub
Sensei
Nowherekid85
JustVan
Cutiebunny
Last edited by cutiebunny on Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Punkxprince
Juuyaku - Executive

Re: Cel/Douga Secret Santa Year 2

Post by Punkxprince »

Add me to the list! I really enjoyed participating last year.
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

Add me as well!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I'll happily participate again. Thanks for agreeing to host this again!
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

I'll do it too!
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Do we also get their username on here in addition to name and address, so that we have a better idea of who we are gifting to and what they may like the most out of whatever we have to offer?
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

^ Last year, I had people send their name and address to me, and then I sent a name, including their Beta ID, to each participant. Unless anyone has any objections, I'd like to ask the same thing this year. You're welcome to specify your interests or any pertinent allergies (ie. Nuts) that might possibly appear in an optional side gift.
JustVan
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by JustVan »

sounds fun, I'll give it a go... but worth mentioning I'm in Japan in case shipping this far is an issue.
JustVan's Cels: Unico, Escaflowne, Ranma ½, DBZ & more.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

^ I don't think it will be a problem. We had someone from the UK last year. But, for those of you who are participating who do not want to spend the extra $5-$10 it might take to send something to Japan, send me a PM.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Hi everyone!

If you have not already sent me your name and address, please send it to me via PM in the next few days. This also includes those of you who participated last year; I deleted all your personal information as it's not something I like to retain.

If you have not already signed up and would like to do so, please let me know. My goal is to get the addresses and names out by December 5, thus giving you plenty of time so as to not have to deal with last minute USPS crowds.

Thanks!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

All names and addresses have been sent out via PM. Please let me know if you did not receive a Secret Santa!

I hope everyone has a fun time selecting stuff for their Secret Santa, and, of course, receiving their present as well!

Thanks again for participating in this program

:vict
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

I got mine in the mail today, yay! :D I'll probably just wrap the whole package as is which will probably motivate me to get our tree put up faster lol.
Punkxprince
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Punkxprince »

Big thanks to my secret Santa this year! I was given a very nice sketch of Shizuru (Kuwabara's sister from Yu Yu Hakusho). I'll be sure to scan it soon so everyone can see! Really enjoyed secret Santa again this year!
sensei

Post by sensei »

My thanks as well. I got a grim-faced cel of the robot Palme, visibly made older, wiser, and much less cheerful about his quest to become a real little human boy, from the under-rated anime film A Tree of Palme. My thanks to my Secret Santa and to CB for doing the needful organization this year.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Thanks to mine as well!! Got a couple of nice cels, one of Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho! Haven't had the chance to even scan them yet, since I've been so busy working, but I hope to have them and the rest of my recent cels I've bought posted by the end of the month!