Just had a pretty amazing "in the wild" find. What's your most unexpected find?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
earl
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Just had a pretty amazing "in the wild" find. What's your most unexpected find?

Post by earl »

I recently went to an "Antique Mall" (basically just an indoor flea market). I was looking for a birthday present for my sister (she likes antiques) and wasn't looking for animation art. Literally within twenty steps of the front door, I saw these:

They're two Courvoisier Disney sketches of Figaro from Pinocchio. I almost fell over when I saw them and the price sticker (a fraction of their value).

So, have you found any art in an unexpected place?
Last edited by earl on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come join us in the Animation Art Collectors slack chat!: http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Just had a pretty amazing "in the wild" find. What's your most unexpected find?

Post by star-phoenix »

Wow! What a lucky and amazing find! I really have not found anything that unexpected in my collection before. Just the usual "OMG, I finally found what I was looking for!" type response. But, nothing that unexpected. Congratulations on such an awesome find!!
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Re: Just had a pretty amazing "in the wild" find. What's your most unexpected find?

Post by nowherekid85 »

Such a great find! I passed by an Antique Mall today. Maybe I'll try and stop by there sometime and see if I get lucky and find something :P
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

That's one for Antiques Roadshow! No, I haven't had anything this "wild" ever, though I have from time to time seen neat things that I knew were significant going for tiny sums on YHJ or on dealers' websites. On the order of this fine Hyper Police OP cel that a dealer apparently did not know was an OP. But, yeah, in the scheme of things and compared to original Disney Studio sketches from Pinocchio, not real amazing. Thanks for sharing your story. That will keep me watching in the antique shops from now on.