does anyone know this seller? may have gotten fakes

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
kheas

does anyone know this seller? may have gotten fakes

Post by kheas »

I just started collecting Animation Cels and my sister recommended this place. I ran into some X-Men Animated Series Cels at a great price. When they arrived they appeared off and a little too new looking. Instead of traditional lines the fronts were all 'etched' in and things are not adding up. Does anyone know an ebay seller named Alan Kleiman who goes by all4cash or mycelspace? If you do, can you verify he is legit...
earl
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Re: does anyone know this seller? may have gotten fakes

Post by earl »

Looking at their auctions, I see no reason to think they are fake. I've considered buying from that seller before but never have. Can you describe a little more about what you mean by "etched"? Some close-up pictures of the cels (front and back) might also be good if you want help identifying whether the cels are legitimate. Line work was done in different ways, so something being a little different isn't necessarily a problem.
Come join us in the Animation Art Collectors slack chat!: http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: does anyone know this seller? may have gotten fakes

Post by Jadeduo »

The seller's items look legit, if the $200 X-men lot is what you bought, I think one of the beta-ers has a sequence mate to the Rogue Giving Gambit CPR cel if you got that lot. I can't remember if it was 90skid or Star-Phoenix that had it. I would check out their galleries figure out who has it and ping them to compare to see if the the sequence mate you have is legit. The cels should be about the same size and have different sequence numbers than the one you bought.

I did a similar thing when I bought a cel that wasn't production to try and figure out if it was studio, and my best guess was that it is due to a friend that had a sequence mate. Because as you know when it comes to cels the full cel never makes it to screen and this is a good way to tell if a cel has been created from the screen shot as opposed to created by the studio.

Good Luck!