How Much Are You Hiding In Your Gallery?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

How Much Are You Hiding In Your Gallery?

Post by cutiebunny »

I've made a trip in the way back machine to unearth this topic that was originally posted in 2006. Interesting to see how many people who once posted on that thread that are still active on the board today.

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=20308

Simply put, do you have stuff hiding in your gallery and if so, why? For those of you who posted in the original topic, has your response changed and if so, how?

Edit -

I have pages of stuff hidden in my gallery. I think, somewhere along the lines of...60? Most of that is just stuff that I've been too lazy to scan and update. And the summer, with its really warm weather and high energy costs, makes me even less productive. There are some items that I can't publicly display for legal reasons.
Last edited by cutiebunny on Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: How Much Are You Hiding In Your Gallery?

Post by KinoLRB »

Nothing. It's all out there. :)
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

I do have a bit hidden by design. After I found out that I had over 1K items in my gallery I went in and "password protected" a lot of images that were extra frames of sketch cuts. I also have complete sections that are empty after I redid my gallery so the Anime was separate from the Comic Art.

The only section password protected contains all the sketches from the "Banana Scene" from Girls Bravo but I have never had a problem giving out my password to some one I know thru Beta or RS that wishes to view those.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I have a few purposefully hidden items, but most of the stuff that isn't in my gallery is because I haven't owned a scanner in years and honestly have kinda of forgotten which pieces aren't up in my Rubberslug gallery. Maybe next year I'll do a complete overhaul and reorganize my cel collection, but it won't happen any time soon. LOL
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

I recall replying previously that most of my hentai cels are hidden in my gallery. That still holds true but I have a few hidden due to sheer laziness and frustration with the new RS layout(I can't edit thumbnails for old uploads and some sections will alter the way my gallery is structured). From what I can see, the cels/sketches from series such as Gokudo, Samurai Flamenco, Magi, Ordian, and some DBZ aren't uploaded(again lazziness on my part) or hidden. Another reason is that I keep an offline inventory of my collection :P .
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

The vast majority of my stuff is visible in my ( non-Rubberslug ) gallery. I have about a page of Last Unicorn cels that are hidden due to the seller's request. Its too bad because they are still some of the nicest LU cels I own. They have been hidden since I bought them in 2004.

The rest of my non-gallery cels are not really hidden. They are just too awkward to scan. I am horrible at scanning and some of them are so large that even with a large flat bed scanner I would still have to piece 3 or more parts together. They ended up looking so bad that I just gave up. Now they are framed so it would be a pain to go back and try again. I guess I can always take a photo ( I have tried a couple of times ) but I am usually not happy with the result. Here is an old photo of one of my "hidden" cels. It is Dilandau and his Dragon Slayers from Escaflowne.

The only other items that are not visible are all of my sketches. Many sketch sets are so large that it is way to much work to scan and post all of them. All sketches that I bought as sketch sets have one or two representative pieces in my gallery. Sketches that came as extras when I bought cels or backgrounds are generally not shown. There are just too many of them, and I really did not make the purchase because of them anyways.
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

I wish I had certain items hidden. Early on in the early 2000's, I would delete images of cels I had sold. Back then I didn't realize that the population of collectors who shared their collection was a small fraction compared to the vast majority who don't. Now I don't have any images or traces of spectacular art I used to own myself. Much like YHJ or eBay auctions of amazing setups, they seem to be lost to the cosmos, in some storage or closet never to see digital light. Shame.
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

I'm not really hiding anything persay, most of what is not up in my main gallery (Not RS) Is just stuff I haven't updated yet.

At one point last year I was 95% caught up.... Well that has changed... LOL

So what I have been trying to do is load up the pics and put place holders in the gallery so I know I need to update them and even then... well ugh... *has shame*
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

The only things that are hidden in my gallery are pieces that I've sold, and two that the sellers stipulated could not be publicly exhibited. But...I have hundreds of cels and sketches that I've simply never gotten around to scanning, so yeah...I just pat myself on the back for displaying as much as I have, since I'm a black hole collector by nature. :^^:
pixie_princess
Kamisama - God

Post by pixie_princess »

I don't tend to hide items unless someone has asked me to and thankfully no one has asked me to :D

I have deleted a hand-full of items I sold in the past. Unfortunately my Gallery is a bit out of date. I have quite a few cels I need to scan and add, plus quite a few sketch sequences that I haven't gotten around to scanning yet. Mostly because I know that I'll be compelled to animate them together. ^_^

I view my cel gallery the same way several others view theirs: Mainly as way of sharing these unique pieces of art and history with the world. ^_^
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Post by BuraddoRun »

I don't hide anything. I like to share my collection with anyone who wants to look at it.
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18