Oniisama E Framed Art / Copy Storyboards (AnimeSols Reward)

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
Trudy
Otaku - Fanatic

Oniisama E Framed Art / Copy Storyboards (AnimeSols Reward)

Post by Trudy »

I'm sifting through a bunch of things from a move earlier this year and found a framed piece of Oniisama E art that I got from donating to AnimeSols (probably for set three, when I was desperate to make sure that we got the final DVD set) and a set of copy storyboards (mine's from episode 32).

Obviously, AnimeSols is long defunct, so I'm trying to figure out a few things:

1. Is the framed art original, or a print? If a print, did everyone get the same print?
2. Did everyone receive the same copy storyboards?
3. How much did I have to donate to get this? Do I even want to know?

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Unfortunately, none of my AnimeSols e-mails tell me anything about how much I donated for my level.

EDIT: Here's the art:

Actively Collecting:
Escaflowne, Gokinjo Monogatari, Infinite Ryvius, Record of Lodoss War, Revolutionary Girl Utena
Looking for select cels from:
CardCaptor Sakura, Daria, Fushigi Yuugi, Gall Force, Gokinjo Monogatari, Gunsmith Cats, Jubei-chan the Ninja Girl, Kaito St. Tail, Magic Knight Rayearth, Oniisama E, Please Save My Earth, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Looking for production artwork from:
Ashita no Nadja, Full Metal Panic!, Juuni Kokki, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, NANA, Princess Tutu
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Oniisama E Framed Art / Copy Storyboards (AnimeSols Reward)

Post by cutiebunny »

(sigh) AnimeSols. I really wanted to like them, but like you, after the Oniisama e... rewards package, I wanted to strangle them.

It's a print and we all got the same print. I found another person on ANN who donated on the same AnimeSols tier and we conferred that was indeed a print. I unframed it to verify. What bothers me is that AnimeSols never said that "You'll be getting a print". It said "original illustration", which made me think of what that phrase means when I buy stuff off Japanese auction sites...it's an original, hand drawn sketch. I might be more understanding of this false advertising if I never bothered to ask AS, but I e-mailed them repeatedly and never received a response. This was the first and last time I ever subscribed to any crowdfunding without having my question answered prior to the end of the campaign.

We all received the same copy storyboards as well.

I believe I retained the paperwork for the print upon arrival, but if I recall correctly, it was $400 for that tier. Not cheap and as mentioned, I didn't like how it felt as if it was falsely advertised to me. That last DVD set felt really bare bones compared to the previous two. The first two sets had an image on the side, whereas Set 3 did not. With AnimeSols being incredibly unresponsive, I felt as if they had just given up months before their official closure and made RightStuf completely accountable for everything.
Trudy
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Trudy »

Oh wow, I definitely wouldn't have thrown $400 for a print, even one framed like this, so I probably thought the same thing as you: original illustration, something actually hand-drawn by the artist. Is there actually a legit signature on the print, or is that a copy as well?
Actively Collecting:
Escaflowne, Gokinjo Monogatari, Infinite Ryvius, Record of Lodoss War, Revolutionary Girl Utena
Looking for select cels from:
CardCaptor Sakura, Daria, Fushigi Yuugi, Gall Force, Gokinjo Monogatari, Gunsmith Cats, Jubei-chan the Ninja Girl, Kaito St. Tail, Magic Knight Rayearth, Oniisama E, Please Save My Earth, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Looking for production artwork from:
Ashita no Nadja, Full Metal Panic!, Juuni Kokki, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, NANA, Princess Tutu
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

No, it's all a copy, including the autograph. I'd be more heartbroken if I were a major fan of the character designer, Akio Sugino, and this was my only chance to get something drawn by him.

...Really wish I knew what happened to the Magical Star Emi sketch they had on their site. I had e-mailed them about buying it, but never heard anything...