Any young collectors nowadays, or are we all seasoned?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Any young collectors nowadays, or are we all seasoned?

Post by BuraddoRun »

I'm quite sure that most of us that collect cels grew up in the days when animation was actually done using cels. I'm 37, for instance. But I wonder if there are actually collectors out there younger that are maybe 25 or younger. Do you know any? Are any members of this forum? If so, what got you into collecting cels?
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18
aurumastrum

Re: Any young collectors nowadays, or are we all seasoned?

Post by aurumastrum »

I am at your cut-off (25). I briefly got interested in production art 11 years ago when I found out what cels were. I remember browsing eBay for Sailor Moon merchandise and wondering why some pictures were so expensive! I ended up buying some Hotaru sketches for like $20 or so. (I'll need to fish them out to see if they are production, but I'm pretty sure they are.) A couple years ago, I started getting interested in getting a couple cels, but then it became a hobby. :)
jiangdc
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by jiangdc »

I am 21. Long story short, I start collecting cels because I find them when I was collection original arts from mangaka. I then figured out that I like having original anime art hanging on my wall. :badass
Autograph focused collection. Collect cel, genga and douga on favorite characters from animes.
RS: http://jiangdc.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
INS: https://www.instagram.com/dccollectiongallery/
Kaona
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Kaona »

My 15 year old daughter has a nice collection of cels, sketches, and shikishi. She loves anime and manga - I'm guilty for introducing her to Inuyasha when she was 5. She collects both older anime like Saint Tail and Cardcaptor Sakura, as well as sketches from newer anime like Osomatsu-san.

No gallery though, and not that interested in having one. Maybe in the near future? :wink: