Stuff you haven't seen for sale

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
Withwingsablazed

Re: Stuff you haven't seen for sale

Post by Withwingsablazed »

vapalla wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 1:34 pm I always wanted some cels from "Here is Greenwood". I heard all were destroyed.
I look for that but never seen it either
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

You might try searching for "David, el Gnomo" as this was the original title (animation done in Spain rather than US or Japan). I see that a cel (apparently packaged by the studio for sale to fans) just recently sold on ebay from a Dutch seller. I don't know the series, so that might have been from the movie Gnomes instead.... [Edit: I hacked a bit and got to the listing and it's not a cel but a toy. Still, the info on the listing is good on the origins of the series and might be worth glomming for ways to search.]

Good luck: European animation is often very hard to find. (Shoulda bought that "Count Duckula" cel while it was available....)
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by noildoof »

Lordy, "stuff you haven't seen for sale" is the summary of my collecting experience. I guess that's just how it is though when most of the stuff you collect from are obscure 80's OVAs.

I've searched over a decade for any sort of original production art from E.Y.E.S. of Mars and Superdimensional Romanesque Samy. The only cel I've ever seen from the former is in my collection, and I got it from another collector years ago. Only recently did I find a set of cels from the latter, which are also in my collection. I don't anticipate finding more art from either of these any time soon, unfortunately.

Other stuff I want that I've either never seen for sale, or are ridiculously rare (seen only a few times for sale):

- California Crisis (I have 4 cels from this. There's one more I don't own, and that's all I've ever seen.)
- Shining May (Never seen cels from this.)
- Telepathist Ai-Q 315 (Seen 2 cels from this, own one.)
- Umi no Yami, Tsuki no Kage (Saw a mislabelled cel a long time ago that might've been from this? Other than that, nothing.)
- Purple Eyes in the Dark (There's barely enough animation for this to qualify as an anime, it's no wonder I can't find anything.)
- Curse of Kazuo Umezu (Never seen cels from this.)