EDIT: "Mystery Girl" Douga Found. (h/t Animechaos)

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

EDIT: "Mystery Girl" Douga Found. (h/t Animechaos)

Post by Pixel »

EDIT: I'm so stupid! The seller DID tell me where it was from, I somehow managed to misunderstand the exact title of the auction! I don't have a specific location zeroed in yet, but I'm pretty sure I can find it if I want to.

I completely misread this douga. In fact, I had so much wrong about what was really going on here, I've edited out most of the post. I may try to correct it if I can get more specific information, I don't know. I'm just so flummoxed by how I could so easily get it all jumbled up.

Typically, when I acquire a piece for my collection, I will at least try to find out what series it is from, and where in that series it is located, if I can.

This time however it's different. I actually thought I knew what I had here. However, after a considerable amount of research I find I have no idea who she is supposed to be or where this piece is really from. I very seriously doubt it is what it was sold as-the drawing style is way too different, and the clothing is wrong. I've looked through two character databases, to no avail.

EDIT: This douga is indeed exactly what is was sold as. I'm the one who was mixed up.

(Oversized) Douga for Horizontal Pan
Brain Powerd
Episode unknown, Sequence B-8
Single Character: Hime Utsumiya

Last edited by Pixel on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Animechaos
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: ID Help Needed - "Mystery Girl" (Oversized Douga)

Post by Animechaos »

Pretty sure it's this girl from "Brain Powered"

https://myanimelist.net/character/4222/Hime_Utsumiya
Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: EDIT: "Mystery Girl" Douga Found.

Post by Pixel »

I have no doubt you're right. I'm sorry, I was just trying to correct my initial post when I noticed your reply. I was going through the list of anime J.C Staff helped with on the Encyclopedia, when I happened on the title "Brain Powered", and remembered seeing it in the title of the original auction.

I was trying to figure out what I wanted to say now that I know what it is. An awkward misunderstanding of the seller's auction title is what happened.

"Brain Powerd" is apparently the intended spelling, but the spelling had nothing to do with the misunderstanding.

You wouldn't believe how I managed to screw this one up. X|

Thank you so much for the confirmation. You must have very deep knowledge of anime, which would make sense for the head of a deputy service who is also himself a fan of anime.
Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: EDIT: "Mystery Girl" Douga Found. (h/t Animechaos)

Post by Pixel »

I recently learned that this series was eventually released in English speaking markets, with the title spelling corrected to "Brain Powered".

Sorry about that, my bad.
Animechaos
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: EDIT: "Mystery Girl" Douga Found. (h/t Animechaos)

Post by Animechaos »

lol, all good. Before Animechaos.com became SMJ and a deputy service, it was a cel retail site. (my gallery now) We went through a lot of Brain Powered cels, just couldn't recall her name off the bat.