Anywhere to shop in Kansai?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
transatlantique

Anywhere to shop in Kansai?

Post by transatlantique »

Hey all

Hubs and I will be traveling Kansai in August and I'm wondering if anyone knows anywhere left that might be good to check out for cels. I'm familiar with the guy up in Tokyo inside Nakano but we'll be sticking to Osaka/Kyoto/maybe Kobe or Hiroshima. Anywhere worth going?
Always collecting: Cardcaptor Sakura & Sailor Moon
Ginta
Otaku - Fanatic

Re: Anywhere to shop in Kansai?

Post by Ginta »

I couldn't find any in Pombashi. Animate doesn't have them. There are two Mandarake, one in Umeda and the Grand Chaos Shop. I'm pretty sure neither have cels. I only know of Nakano Broadway, Fukuoka, and Chiba (Sahra) for cels. Takamura store sells from Osaka, but only online. It's strange to me because I expected somebody in all of Kansai would have cels, but they don't. If they do, they don't advertise.
transatlantique

Post by transatlantique »

Thats a bummer but definitely lines up with all my searching. Oh well. Probably better for my wallet in the end.
Always collecting: Cardcaptor Sakura & Sailor Moon
Ginta
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Ginta »

I was in Osaka in July. You'd think a place called Ota Road would have not just cels but a shop that sells only cels. Nope, but they do have a big displays of Dragonball and One Piece figures because those are so hard to find, right?

edit: and most of the store has to be big head figures, the cancer of figures. Shrink the body to make it cheaper and the customer will see it as the head has grown.