Anyone else currently in this situation?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
chrismayek
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Re: Anyone else currently in this situation?

Post by chrismayek »

cutiebunny wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:29 pm I received my package that had been stuck in Japan since March on Friday after it was returned to Mandarake. Mandarake then sent it to me via DHL at no additional cost despite my offer to pay for it, and that was super fast. I recommend going the DHL route if you have that option.
Oh, great to hear, thanks for the recommendation. I haven't selected DHL before so I'll look into it once the cel is returned to the seller
lansing
Anime Geek

Post by lansing »

My package was shipped on 3/30, it got stuck in Japan post office for a month, and I just tracked it today and it's showing that it has just arrived to the US, yay.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

lansing wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:03 am My package was shipped on 3/30, it got stuck in Japan post office for a month, and I just tracked it today and it's showing that it has just arrived to the US, yay.
Yay! that's great to hear!!, one of mine is stuck in Japan Post since 4/10, so maybe theres hope..... :bounce :bounce
chrismayek
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by chrismayek »

lansing wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:03 am My package was shipped on 3/30, it got stuck in Japan post office for a month, and I just tracked it today and it's showing that it has just arrived to the US, yay.
Good to hear, I think anything *shipped* the latter first or second week of April is still going to be awhile
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

My parcel which was stuck in Japan since April 4th finally arrived on May 15th! Woo!
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

ReiTheJelly wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:24 am My parcel which was stuck in Japan since April 4th finally arrived on May 15th! Woo!
Yay! Mine too, stuck since 4/10 arrived Friday 5/15 and everything was in perfect condition, Yay! :bounce
Fiore
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Fiore »

You guys so lucky~ :bawl
I got two things from Japan sitting since the end of March. One was returned to seller and he resent, but it’s stuck in limbo. The other sitting at post office still not shipped yet.
I hope they don’t get lost...already had one parcel that did (within US), but luckily got refund...
grEenLeaFx
Kamisama - God

Post by grEenLeaFx »

Fiore wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:31 pm I got two things from Japan sitting since the end of March. One was returned to seller and he resent, but it’s stuck in limbo. The other sitting at post office still not shipped yet.
Same here I have a package sitting in Japan Post since 3/23/20. But that's good news there are packages pushing through, so maybe they are doing a light test before going back to full operations.
Fiore
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Fiore »

Really have to feel sorry for the postal service. I can only imagine how many packages are piled up in the places.

Hope yours ships soon!
grEenLeaFx
Kamisama - God

Post by grEenLeaFx »

Just an update my package finally dispatched from Japan after sitting there since 3/23/20 and arrived in the US! I was getting worried because the Japan Post recently stated that packages that have already been accepted will be returned from the delivery offices to the senders if the areas are still temporarily suspended for delivery.

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/infor ... 01_en.html
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I should note that I had Rinkya recently ship me my goods using FedEx Priority. It took them about two weeks to ship it after my request, but they were good about including in the package lots that I'd won since my shipping request and which arrived at their warehouse before the box was ready to go. It was somewhat pricier than their normal (and considerably more pricy than SMJ used to be). But they finished packing on Thursday and I had it Monday morning.
tsunu

Post by tsunu »

Just bought a cel from Buyee using Japan Post and I just read this thread :bawl I hope it doesn't get sent back or anything. Is the extra money worth it for DHL or FedEx Priority especially during this pandemic? DHL is like 30 dollars more than JP Post and FedEx Priority is 11 dollars more than JP Post for me.
Fiore
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Fiore »

My package shipped out three weeks ago and is slowly making its way over. It looks like it’s stuck somewhere, but I’m happy it’s moving along.;v;
tsunu wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:15 am Just bought a cel from Buyee using Japan Post and I just read this thread :bawl I hope it doesn't get sent back or anything. Is the extra money worth it for DHL or FedEx Priority especially during this pandemic? DHL is like 30 dollars more than JP Post and FedEx Priority is 11 dollars more than JP Post for me.
I absolutely love DHL’s service. They are extremely reliable. I don’t have to worry about being home to sign for it and the delivery guy also calls me before he drops off package. It is quite expensive, but if you buy in bulk heavy items and want it fast I’d recommend it. I always use it for Mandarake orders. I ordered from them this week and it looks like DHL will take a week from it’s usually 2-3 days.
If you ordered light things and don’t mind the wait, I’d probably stick to the cheaper option especially if you tight on money.

It’s sad a lot of places are stoping regular shipping/free shipping services and even stopping completely shipping to USA. I hope things will get better...:(
tsunu

Post by tsunu »

Yeah, I'm a bit tight on money. I might have to go with the JP post for these cels :bawl I wonder why places are stopping the option of shipping to the USA or cheaper options :<