Help Identifying This Fullmetal Alchemist Piece!

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
Reptilio93

Help Identifying This Fullmetal Alchemist Piece!

Post by Reptilio93 »

Hey all!

I recently acquired this full metal alchemist piece from a reliable source, however, i am unable to identify what it is exactly from.

Long story short I accidently bid on it and ended up winning it lol.. and while i love the piece, I would love some further help identifying it

The Japanese translation description reads "Copyright Carade hand-drawn size Approximately 257 mm in height and 363 mm in width"

Thanks!
Screenshot_20201115-112520_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201115-112520_Chrome.jpg (345.94 KiB) Viewed 2157 times
grEenLeaFx
Kamisama - God

Re: Help Identifying This Fullmetal Alchemist Piece!

Post by grEenLeaFx »

It was used for an art card for FMA Brotherhood. Nice find!
Attachments
FMA_artcard.jpg
FMA_artcard.jpg (225.77 KiB) Viewed 2152 times
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

nice score!!!! :cheers
Reptilio93

Post by Reptilio93 »

You are awesome!!!!

Thank you so much!

Here is another fantastically dumb question! What is an art card? 😅

Also on a COMPLETELY SEPARATE NOTE, who makes the original settings on shows?
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Reptilio93 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:14 amHere is another fantastically dumb question! What is an art card? 😅
I guess you would call them trading cards? They were a lot more popular during the 1980s-early 2000s when smartphones weren't around and having images of your favorite characters wasn't so readily available. Do they even make these for non-card based game anime series anymore?
Are you talking about backgrounds or settei? Settei are usually made by the character designer

Anyways, cute FMA sketch :D
grEenLeaFx
Kamisama - God

Post by grEenLeaFx »

Reptilio93 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:14 am Here is another fantastically dumb question! What is an art card? 😅
Thanks! Just to add that these particular ones were more the size of post cards and I remember them packed in with the DVD/Bluray sets by Funimation.
Reptilio93

Post by Reptilio93 »

Are you talking about backgrounds or settei? Settei are usually made by the character designer

Anyways, cute FMA sketch :D
[/quote]

Sorry! Totally referring to settei, the character design! I have a few Full Metal Alchemist Settei and they just look amazing so I was wondering if it was the actual creator of the manga and series who does them or an artist for the studio is hired to do them?
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Reptilio93 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:50 amSorry! Totally referring to settei, the character design! I have a few Full Metal Alchemist Settei and they just look amazing so I was wondering if it was the actual creator of the manga and series who does them or an artist for the studio is hired to do them?
Settei are drawn by the character designer. If the anime is sourcing its material from a manga, often the character designer looks at the source material and develops designs based on the manga. Sometimes the mangaka will provide assistance, such as making improvement recommendations or submitting artwork that they'd like to see incorporated into the design. It really depends on how much say the mangaka has over the production. More famous artists can negotiate control over the production, such as requesting certain artists be involved or a beloved seiyuu asked to voice a particular character. However, for the bulk of the works out there, the mangaka has little to no say.