Anime settings - Who makes them?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
Reptilio93

Anime settings - Who makes them?

Post by Reptilio93 »

I was curious if anyone knows who makes the settings before they are photo copied and sent to staff for character design?

Is it the creator of the manga /anime?

Some knowledge on the animation production process would be great with regards to settings!
grEenLeaFx
Kamisama - God

Re: Anime settings - Who makes them?

Post by grEenLeaFx »

I think you are talking about settei which are model sheets. They are usually done by the character designer. I used to not care for them starting out, but really appreciate them these days. An original one can go for a lot depending on the series. You mostly see just copy sets out in the wild.

Here is a great resource one of our members put together on production art:
http://itamejihada.net/terminology/artwork.html
StinkyNeko

Post by StinkyNeko »

Thank You for that post about what the different parts in making a anime. I couldn't see something I happen to come by a few times. I see people posting that they have something callled a "Bank Cel". I can't seem to find any information about bank cels.

Sorry Reptilio93 if I happen to be going off topic.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

StinkyNeko wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:46 pm Thank You for that post about what the different parts in making a anime. I couldn't see something I happen to come by a few times. I see people posting that they have something callled a "Bank Cel". I can't seem to find any information about bank cels.
A bank cel is one that is used more than once over the course of the production of the anime. These are often cels (and douga) used to produce Opening, Ending and attack/transformation sequences. In short, any sequence that is going to be reused over the course of the series is considered 'bank'. It was done to save the animators time so that they could focus their attention on the rest of the animation that needed to be completed for that episode.