Beware FedEx

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Beware FedEx

Post by noildoof »

I recently got a couple of cels from Zenmarket shipped via FedEx, and the box arrived ripped open and looking like it had been run over by a truck and dropped in a lake. In addition to being torn open and soaking wet, it smelled like mold was starting to grow on/in it. I had been wondering why it was taking longer than usual to arrive, and... apparently this is why.

Miraculously the contents weren't damaged because they were wrapped in an extra layer of plastic. If they hadn't been I guarantee my cels would've been destroyed. I can't even open a case with Fedex, their system only allows claims for domestic packages and packages from Canada.

Definitely going with DHL or UPS for my next shipment. It just isn't worth the risk.
Attachments
20210505_163729.jpg
20210505_163729.jpg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 1253 times
StinkyNeko

Re: Beware FedEx

Post by StinkyNeko »

I believe it depends on the people who are handling the package. With every company there are bad employees and good ones.

I had a issue with UPS with my first cel purchase. It also happened to be my biggest purchase of the year. (Around $4000) On the UPS tracking website they first claimed no one was home. We live in a small house with 3 people. Since I knew it was out for delivery that day 2 of us were watching the front door waiting for the package. We had mail come and packages from amazon & fedex show up. After the update that no one was home they update saying it was delivered to a apartment building and left with the door person named John. At this point I called UPS to asked what was going on. They claimed the package was not delivered yet and will be deliver to a access point. They erase the delivery history and put in delivered to access point. I took screen shots of before and after the edit to UPS tracking website. What I believe to have happen is the delivery person delivery the package to a building and after I noticed the mistake and contacted them. He went back and got it and delivery to a access point.

Honestly I was put off by UPS and will not be using their service anytime soon. Which I can see why you would not want to use fedex again. Any delivery service can have packages go missing or damage. It all depends on who is handling the package. Human error can happen any point of the delivery.