Information on Chantze's Stone?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Information on Chantze's Stone?

Post by noildoof »

I remember seeing these cels on YAJ of a Tomonori Kogawa character a while ago, and seeing they were from something I'd never heard of called "Chantze's Stone." Recently I saw them relisted again and wondered why I hadn't bought any of them; I love the character design and they were pretty inexpensive. So I bid on (and won) a few of them (the seller has almost the entire sequence).

Chantze's Stone is apparently a really obscure laserdisc game (like Dragon's Lair) made in 1985, but it got shelved and wasn't released until 1993. I watched a playthrough of the entire game, and the weird thing is, I can't find any scenes of this character. I know she's definitely from Chantze's Stone, there's a settei set floating around with her in it and a tweet from Tomonori Kogawa's fanclub confirming that she *is* from the game.

I haven't been able to find much information on the development of the game, though. I'm guessing this character's scenes were cut out completely, but that makes me wonder what *else* might've been changed between 1985 and 1993. Any other oldschool fans who might know more about this?
Attachments
i-img800x800-1626417615hfl8wu21889.jpg
i-img800x800-1626417615hfl8wu21889.jpg (328.09 KiB) Viewed 1478 times
i-img800x800-1626417593hertuo140027.jpg
i-img800x800-1626417593hertuo140027.jpg (233.04 KiB) Viewed 1478 times
oxypetalus
Otaku - Fanatic

Re: Information on Chantze's Stone?

Post by oxypetalus »

I saw those cels come up for auction and really liked the art style too though I didn't buy any myself. I watched one youtube video of Chantze's Stone a while back because I was curious and didn't see her either. You got a lot further in your research than me since you found info that confirms she is in Chantze's Stone. Good luck on your hunt and if I come across anything I'll be sure to share.
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Re: Information on Chantze's Stone?

Post by noildoof »

oxypetalus wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:16 pmYou got a lot further in your research than me since you found info that confirms she is in Chantze's Stone.
Believe me, it took a lot of digging to find that tweet from Tomonori Kogawa's fanclub and an old auction listing for the settei set.
Good luck on your hunt and if I come across anything I'll be sure to share.
Thanks! I'd love to know more about the development of Chantze's Stone, it sounds like it went through a lot of changes. Most of those cels are still available BTW (if you're interested), they get relisted a lot and not many of them have sold. There are some really nice shots and they're not very expensive at all.