POLL --- which is better?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

Which is a bigger rush? Getting confirmation of your cel order/winning an auction ... OR ... getting your cel package?

Just knowing it will be mine all mine!!!!
38%
The mailperson knocking on my door is the best!
63%

Total votes: 56

anotherceljunkie
Kamisama - God

POLL --- which is better?

Post by anotherceljunkie »

i'm going to be in the minority here i think....

for me, it's a bigger rush just knowing the cel will be mine!! i beat everyone!!! MUHAHAHAHAAAA :twisted:

getting the package means work :p gotta scan the damn things :p

-- emily
dbzmomma
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by dbzmomma »

When I know that a cel is MINE-ALL-MINE I'm excited. But when the package is in front of my door, it's like my heart stops.

We live in a really little town and on Mother's Day, a SUNDAY, I got a call from the Post Office telling me I had a package from Japan and he was going to drop it off! I could've kissed him! Wasn't that nice??!!
Vicci

Grand Reopening of Momma's Addiction Rubberslug Gallery!
Golden Boy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Golden Boy »

emily,
this is a great poll question because i really had to stop and think for awhile which was the better rush. it really is a choice between the greater of two pleasures.

based on when i use to check the EMS website every 5 minutes, i'll have to say it's when the package is at the door.
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

I had to say when it's actually delivered and I can see it in person. :) I love knowing its MIIIIIIIINE but until I actually get the cel, it doesn't really hit me. ;)

Sheri

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
Nightwind
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Nightwind »

I have to say getting the cels is the biggest Rush for me. I see the mail lady pulling down the driveway and I am already half way out the door!
:mrgreen:

Plus, I love just to look at the cels. To see all of the details and the colors. A lot of times the scans that are one ebay and YJ do not do the cel justice. :bounce
"I will rule you all with an Iron Fist! You! Obey the fist!" - Zim
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

My biggest rush is when I see my mailman Ralph walking towards me with a huge envelope!! I can see his "sweatdrop" as I dance happily when he comes to the door!!

Today I had that feeling when my new cel came in!! THANKS EMILY!!! :love
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
monkeyboy
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator
Location: Heading for the 90's...Living in the wild wild West...

Post by monkeyboy »

I had to go with the mail person knocking on the door!!
It's a great rush to win a cel, but to know that I have the cel in my grubby little hands is THE BEST! Then I can relax and not worry if it got lost along the way (dances on one foot counter clock wise to stop the hex).
Kane
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by Kane »

I said when I found out the cel was mine. That's a big rush alright. When it's delivered to me actually makes me nervous, especially when the box is a little "smooshed", then I'm scared as hell to open it up! :evil:
ImageImage
Phoenix
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Phoenix »

I think the knowing it is mine all mine is negated by the frantic uncertainty of when or if it will actually be shipped, especially if it takes more than a week to get to me. My favorite is seeing the mailman walking up to the house with package in hand!
Golden Dragon
Senpai - Elder

Post by Golden Dragon »

Well this is hard for me to answer, I really have a hard time waiting to see if the cel is mine and then I finally win, but then I just can't wait till it gets here so I can see it in person. But I think that seeing it in person is alittle bigger so that is my vote. When it arrives. :D
Kat

Thanks S17 for the great banner!!!!

I will smite you with my Blade of Honor! - Guan Yu
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

Still in the minority, acj. :wink: My biggest rush is just knowing it's MINE. I love the hunt and the success, it's so much fun! I absolutely love when the mailman comes and it really is mine - else why would I bother? But that one moment, with confirmation e-mails or seeing "auction has ended" makes me feel so great. :bubbles
anotherceljunkie
Kamisama - God

Post by anotherceljunkie »

*sigh* ... 10 to 4 eh? i think i need to toss in some more votes :twisted:
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Coolness levels

Post by Krafty »

Heh, going through some of the older posts since I'm still an infant on Beta.
I voted for "knowing it's mine". The thrill of the hunt for a great piece of art then the actual auction/purchase is often better then owning the final thing. Once it's in my posession it's a different kind of cool feeling (if you know what I mean)
Out of the gloom a voice said unto me;
"Smile and be happy, things could be worse".
So I smiled and was happy
and behold;
things did get worse...
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

I'm for knowing its mine too. I'm an exceptionally patient person, sometime waiting 6-8 months to have something shipped to me. The fact that it is somewhere with my name on it is happy enough for me, even if it's not in my possession at the moment.
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

I like knowing that i won something, but i love waiting everyday for it to come and then when that day comes and your heart is pounding while you are opening the package. Thats the best feeling