What do you do?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

What should you do if you find a great cel you don't want?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:58 pm

Post it for everyone to see
26%
Send a link to someone that you think would be interested
58%
Send a link to more than one person
No votes
Every man for him/her self
16%

Total votes: 19

glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

What do you do?

Post by glorff »

I always wonder what to do when I find a great cel that does not fit my collection, so I thought I would get opinions. :D
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

I would post it for everyone to see. I very rarely come across a cel that I know one person in particular would want. (unless I want it :P )
Booze disappearing is a law of nature.

.:PD Blog:.
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

Well, I chose: Send a link to someone that you think would be interested, but it really depends on the situation. If I know that someone REALLY wants a particular cel, I try and remember that and will email links for them. If it's just generally cool cel I'd post it here I guess. ^_^ Also, if I have the spare cash and it's something I know for a fact someone wants I'll grab it for them and then they can pay me back. ;)

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

This is what made me start thinking about what to do.
http://www.rinkya.com/cgi-bin/twview.pl ... /e28075534
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: I am everywhere and yet, nowhere... all at the same time. Whoa.

Post by BleedingOrange »

There are a few fair ways to do it really, I think:

1.) Post for everyone to see if you don't want it, but know someone probably will but not a particular person you know has been searching.

2.) If you know of one person who has been searching for a cel just like what you saw, and your feeling nice.. lol.... send them a link privately unless that is, of course, you think of MORE than one person who has been searching for a cel just like whatever it is you saw.

In that particular case, I'd revert back to option numero uno. Post for everybody to see. If there's more than one person you think would want it it's most fair for everyone to have an equal chance.

Just my 2 cents.
Visit: Bleeding Orange - DBZ Cel Gallery
"It seems a demon has possessed your trousers... care for an exorcism?"
Kane
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by Kane »

I voted to send the link to someone I think would be interested. I've had people send me links, and I've always appreciated it. You can come across some real gems you may have never found.
ImageImage
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

8O Wow, I love the top cel of that auction glorff. Really nice!

I agree completely with what PK said. I've had people either send me links or just outright buy it for me (*hugs Jenn again*) and I appreciate more than I can express. ^_^

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

Don't know how high they will go, but still cheap now :D
Dave

Dragonball1080
Senpai - Elder

Post by Dragonball1080 »

Im with what BO said, I don't post links because some people see it and really want the cel, and if you post links about it then there becomes a bidding war, I know it has happened before with me and it ends up costing you more money