What is the most you would pay for a fancel

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

What is the Most you would pay for a fancel????

I would never buy one
29%
1-10$
6%
11-20$
12%
21-30$
24%
31-50$
12%
51-75$
6%
75+
12%

Total votes: 17

Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

I Agree

Post by Nathan »

Yes - that is good - A fan cel of your favourite character in a situation not from the series... Like... ummm - I dunno - Goku Gohan and Goten all doing a group Kamehameha -
Or a dream sequence with all the forms of Goku... Ssj1 -2 -3 -4 - and fused.... that would be cool. :twinkle
...just one more
Requiem
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Requiem »

Phoenix-

Unfortunately most people aren't terribly imaginative. When I first started painting, I did mostly original stuff, but when people started asking me if I took commissions, they always wanted repros. It was only after I started doing a lot of cels based off of manga or artbook illustrations for myself that people started thinking that that was a good idea and asking me about those (which is most of what I do right now) and some people want stricter adaptations and some people will just say 'do whatever you think will look best' which ends up with me changing more stuff.

Still don't get many original requests though. I have a couple of people interested in me painting their own fanart right now which I think is pretty cool, but I guess I haven't worked up enough trust for people to let me start from scratch with anime or their own original characters, which I can understand, because it's more of a risk if you don't see the picture before hand.