Do we need a new webring circle?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

Should we start a new webring group?

Yes new webring is needed
100%
No the ring is fine the way it is
No votes

Total votes: 13

midnightdance
Kishin - Fierce God

Do we need a new webring circle?

Post by midnightdance »

I don't know if any of you have been to the anime cels webring recently, but its very outdated it seems. Not only do half the links not work, but most of the descriptions of the cel galleries are incorrect now due to not being updated. I tried to change my site link and there isn't a place to do that. SO I just wanted to check around and get some thoughs.....
nikki
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

I agree.. I think it took over a month for my site to be finally added in when I 1st opened a yr ago. But now that Ive checked the links most of the sites on the list dont exist anymore or have changed their hobby. Anywho.. it would be nice if there was anther cels ring. Although I used to own and manage cel rings and believe me they are NOT easy to maintain lol!!!

So kudos to anyone who wants to start one. (i know im too lazy to lol :D )
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

Yes, in a hobby with such a high turn around rate, one would be wise to make a more flexible system.

Perhaps we should brainstorm...
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Maybe something like they do at Anime Turnpike would be a good idea where people can click a link that's been dead so that it makes it easier for people to report dead links.

From what Yann said to me once I think less people are telling him which links are dead compared to before. It might have something to do with the sheer number of cel galleries around now compared to years back.

How would we make it so that people could change their cel gallery descriptions and how many cel galleries are on the Cels Ring now? I haven't checked out the Cels Ring for maybe a year or two.

I only use the Cels.Org, Rubberslug Search and Google to find cel galleries these days. I used to go through all the Cels.Org galleries every Fall to find the dead links and no-cel gallery link pages, but I didn't do it last year because it's become such a huge project to go through them all now.
Makoli
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Makoli »

hell yes! god i love looking at things
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: I am everywhere and yet, nowhere... all at the same time. Whoa.

Post by BleedingOrange »

Well, it could be an Anime Beta webring that we could start. But my idea requires some knowledge of CGI. I've used sites like this, but not coded them. If anyone knows how or anyone who can, this would be a good idea. People could go to the main webring site and enter the gallery with information like:

1.) Name of Gallery
2.) Series Collected (So a person at the webring hub site could find the shows they are looking for)

For people visiting the ring site, they could either find the gallery by series or by alphabetical order, since all listings would be essentially a number in a database. For example a link might look something like:

http://webring.anime-beta.net/ring.php?galleryid=227

When the link is clicked, it wouldn't actually go directly to the site, it would go to a page that would say "Redirecting you to *name of gallery*" Underneath it could say "Report Dead Link" and have a way for people to report the link. You could make the link directly email the webring webmaster with the information of the link from the database.

Anyway, my idea is probably too complicated anyway. But if anyone wanted to do it, I'd help manage it and/or make banners and stuff for the code people would place on their pages.
Visit: Bleeding Orange - DBZ Cel Gallery
"It seems a demon has possessed your trousers... care for an exorcism?"