Which is better? Updating sooner or later?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

What is the best number of cels to update with

1-2 (Every time a new cel comes in)
42%
3-5 (A Few so there is something to look at )
47%
5-10 ( The more the better)
11%

Total votes: 19

midnightdance
Kishin - Fierce God

Which is better? Updating sooner or later?

Post by midnightdance »

I have been trying to figure out if it would be better to update my gallery now with the 20+ new cels I have or wait until I get in all my new cels (probably mid July) and do it then?

SO my question is do people like seeing updates as they come in, (1-5) at a time, or is it more fun to look at a gallery every couple months with 20+ cels in their collection (which can take up to 5 months to collect?)

Thanks!
Nikki

Also how does everyone feel about "Coming Soon" sections? In the past I have always kept this section private in my RS gallery but I have noticed a lot more recently
Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

I think it is different for everyone... Me - since I don't have a high volume of cels coming through I'd update everytime I got a new one. However for someone like Jen or AK, or SSK - Those guys may wait until they have a few to update.... If I personally had 4 coming in over a few weeks I would wait! :)
...just one more
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

I opted for a few when they copme in, unless it's a real showstopper you just gotta throw out there...
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

I usually update whenever I get new cels, because I hate it when I'm spending hours updating my sites. So whenever something new arrives, I update so they don't add up. :D
Booze disappearing is a law of nature.

.:PD Blog:.
Kane
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by Kane »

I picked the first option, whenever a new cel comes in. I usually only buy one cel at a time (although it has been months since I've bought one) so I update everytime I get one.
ImageImage
SS Kakarot
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by SS Kakarot »

I always update with a coupe of Cels, so I picked the second option.

I still have have plenty of Cels that I need to scan, but I find it more fun to update with a few, and I have the patience for it. :)
"The Dragonball Cel King" - celgami (05-05-04)
My Cel Galleries & Board:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com/
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

I usually end up updating when I can find the time, so there is usually a small pile. I never let it get out of hand because when I made my gallery last year it took a month to get it all done. I do not want to go thru that again 8O
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Since my cel purchases are few and far between, I usually stick in my one or two at a time. Only once did I have a small pile arrive at once, and I can certainly sympathize with glorff's feelings of slogging through the stack to scan and upload them ... I'm slow, so when it takes a month to get an update ready, it kinda takes the fun out of it! :)

And from my own selfish perspective, I love it when you guys post each little cel or two that you get individually... let just that one cel bask in the limelight for a little while! If you do little updates, you tend to tell me more about why you picked that cel -- what you liked about the scene it came from or why you think that particular cel is beautiful. It lets me see the cel through your eyes and makes me appreciate it more, even if I haven't seen the series. When you slog through 20 cels to update, you don't tend to tell me much about them. So I personally appreciate it when you all do little, detailed, ramble-on-and-on-about-its-beauty updates! :)
Abaddon
Anime Geek

Post by Abaddon »

I like to update a couple at a time...if I have a few on the way...I will wait for all of them to come in...but I don't want to make a huge update and overwhelm people. I'm waiting for my third one to come in so I can update...I just sent off payments for 3 more...about to send payment out for 3 more and looking to get a few more...if I waited for all of them...who knows how long it would take.

I think 20+ cels 8O is enough for an update. I wouldn't want to wait for July to see all the goodies. :wink:
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

I usually do it as they come in. I hate having to play catch up.

Of course after saying that, I have gotten a little behind because I've been rewriting the code for my site. It seems pointless to make a new page just to change it in a few days.

Along the same lines does, anyone still use old browsers (such as pre- IE 5.0)? The site will look the same to browsers that support CSS, but very odd to those that don't. I would hate to make it harder to view my gallery, but its much easier to update (and change styles in the future) with the new code.
Linwe
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Linwe »

My collection grows pretty slowly, especially compared to some, so I update whenever something new comes in. Plus, like pastatdude mentioned, I don't like spending too long updating. I agree with shellie, also, about the one cel basking in the limelight. :D
British, you see, useless. I cannot get the equipment.
midnightdance
Kishin - Fierce God

updating...

Post by midnightdance »

Thanks everyone for the advice! Thankfully since i use frontpage 2002 I can update my gallery whenever a new cel comes in and then when I feel up to it, I can post it to the web. Makes life a lot easier!

But I still have some new cels coming so I am working on updating my RS gallery (thanks to your advice) with about half the cels I would have been.

I will post a reply when I am done!
Nikki n
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I usually update my cels right as soon as I receive them. Like most other people here have said, it cuts down on maintenance time if you update fewer cels at one time. This coming fall is going to be hell for me, because I'll have an entire summer's worth of cels that have been left unscanned (one of the downsides of not actually owning a scanner...I have to use my college's scanners).

Plus, I like to see the reaction of the masses to each and every cel. I feel that if I updated a lot of cels at once, the less spectacular ones would go over-looked. :)
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

I have to agree with everyone else.

It's easier to look at a few at a time rather than alot. Some of the lesser cels do get overlooked if too many are posted at once.

It's also easier for the person posting them to do a few at a time too. It's amazing how long it takes me to scan and post to my gallery.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Ms. Poe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Ms. Poe »

I post them as they come in...If I was expecting to get in like 20 cels around the same time...I'd add them all once they came in...Have a big update...etc...But...I get cels in so rarely now...That I just post them as they come in ^^'/!