Opinions needed on a background for my cel

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

Which image looks best

Number 1
52%
Number 2
20%
Number 3
28%

Total votes: 25

duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

animeobsessed wrote:I have to say I like them all, but have to agree with Duo on 3. It does look a little like a jungle, but looks more like the scenes in IY than the other 2.
:puzzled I didn't say it looked like a jungle. I like all of them but I'm fond of number 3 because it's similar to mine which is the color copy background from that scene.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

I didn't mean to say you said it looked like a jungle, someone else did. I was agreeing that I thought it looked more Inuyasha-ish and is closer to your matching background that the other two.

Sorry I worded it wrong. X|
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

animeobsessed wrote:Sorry I worded it wrong. X|
It's ok! I think I just read it wrong because it sounds fine tonight. :cucu
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Hi, Gold Knight! I'm sure you've picked out a background for that cel by now, but I thought I'd put in a vote for bk #1. I really love the colors together ... the red stands out, and I think the blue tones compliment the shadowing in his hair.

So ... which one did you choose, in the end? I don't think you could go wrong with any of them, and I would love to know which one you ended up picking.
This post brought to you by The Power of Plastik.

Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

I love all of the backgrounds, but #1 or #3 would be my choices.

On the second, the light is backwards. If it were in the correct direction for the lighting on him, the right-hand side of the tree would be illuminated. As it is, it looks like the light is coming from behind the tree or something.

#3 works ... there are plenty of wooded scenes in IY.

I'm really partial to the first one though. It's just purdy :-)
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

I personally liked BG1. However, BG3 looks more closely to the original and it is always better to stick as much to the original as possible.

Now, on a slightly different topic . . . what image software do you use to do that and how do you do it (cutting image of cel and puting it on top of different images)? I have Adobe Photoshop CS. So, I know it can do it, but I never actually tried.
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

star-phoenix wrote:Now, on a slightly different topic . . . what image software do you use to do that and how do you do it (cutting image of cel and puting it on top of different images)? I have Adobe Photoshop CS. So, I know it can do it, but I never actually tried.
I have some cels in my gallery backed with "virtual" backgrounds --- either because they were stuck to sketches, or whatnot ... like a couple of my Ronin Warriors cels, which I'm too afraid to try removing, considering the age of the cels ... or b/c I haven't yet found a proper background to scan with them. Anyhow, I use Photoshop 7 for making those, and it works pretty well. I don't have any experience with Photoshop CS. I also use PS 7 for my scans --- resizing, etc... --- before posting.

And ... just to get back on topic here, I still like the first background the best. I really think the colors are the prettiest in it, and that it goes so nicely with the cel. But, that's just me ... I'm kind of weird that way ... as in, I don't necessarily feel like a cel has to have a background that's close to the original ... just so long as it looks good together.
This post brought to you by The Power of Plastik.