Opinions needed on a background for my cel

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

Which image looks best

Number 1
52%
Number 2
20%
Number 3
28%

Total votes: 25

Goldknight
RULER

Opinions needed on a background for my cel

Post by Goldknight »

I'm in the process of scanning tons of cels that I need to add to my site. One of which I'm tossing around different backgrounds to see what looks best. I thought I would ask for your opinions. Below is a link to the three choices. Let me know what you voted and why. The majority will win and that will be the image that goes onto the site. Thanks for the help everyone :)

http://www.Gold-knight.com/backopinions
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Im quite partial to no. 3, it looks the most Inuyasha-y.. lol! :D

The 1st one is too dark for the lighting, and the 2nd seems more suitable for a romantic scene or sweeter character.
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

I chose 2 because the lighting direction is the same, and because the other two (although both are attractice) are dark when there is a high contrast shadow line running across Inuyasha 8)
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
nesuferit
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by nesuferit »

I'd say either number 1 or 2. The only problem I see with the first one is that it looks more like it was ment for a monochrome cel or like Shampoo said a darker looking cel. Number 3 would be ok if it weren't so jungle looking and more forest like.

I really love that first background though, it's beautiful :)
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

http://nepenthe.rubberslug.com
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Wow. I don't have a problem with any of them. I think all those backgrounds are nice and go along fine with the cel, but if I HAD to pick. Hmm. I'd choose the third one.

The lighting of Inuyasha seems to go well with the second, but on the other hand I think it makes him stand out too much from the background because of his brightness in comparison to the darkness of the tree. It makes me feel like he's in a glare.

I like the first one too, but the emptiness of the limbs in the lower right hand corner is a little distracting to my eye. :D
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

I like number 1 the best. :wink:
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

I voted for number 1. The red really stands out against the blue. Very beautiful! :)
Remi
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Remi »

My option wasn't up there, so I'll cast it here.

4.) No background!

Okay, I'm a weird cel purist who prefers cels either with the original background (or a copy of original bg), but unmatching stuff usually looks wrong to me. I know I'm an oddball! My vote is actually do whatever you think looks best and makes you happy, but that option wasn't there either!

The first one is a beautiful background but the angles and size of the trees seem wrong for the way he is standing.

The third one looks too much like a jungle to me, not a forest. It doesn't seem right for Inuyasha at all.

So I chose the second one. It's very pretty and the proportions are right.
Namaste

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ~Herm Albright
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I voted for number 3 because it looks most like this . . .

http://envy.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_ ... emID=53952

:wink:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Gundam Nook
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Gundam Nook »

I'm with Pudge and Queen Serenity, I like the first one. I love the coloring and it just fits better with the mood of the cel. It looks more like a flashback, or when he first sees Kikyo after so many years. I believe the scene was pretty dark. Anyways, that would be the background I'd put with that cel! But, which ever one you choose, it will look lovely with that cel! :D
Sara-sensei /eyes:

Image <--- Visit My Gallery! :nuts
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

I have to say I like them all, but have to agree with Duo on 3. It does look a little like a jungle, but looks more like the scenes in IY than the other 2. My 2nd choice would be #2 because I seem to remember the Sakura tree in IY somewhere.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Govogeta
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Govogeta »

I liked the first one best. 8)
Majin_Vegeta_2028
Senpai - Elder

Post by Majin_Vegeta_2028 »

wow! the 1st bg is amazing, but i think the 2nd one suits the cel better.

i vote #2

"He has stolen my honor, and his debts must be paid!"
- Majin Vegeta

"... I'm going to verify my exsistence.."
- Gaara

"Beneath the courageous, there is nothing."
- Kakashi
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

Just because you asked . . . :D

Number two! I don't like the jungle feel of number three. :? I DID like the first, but when I looked at the second it felt right to me. Both InuYasha and the trees are lit up in a flash, and the mood is very tense.

Do as you will! /ok
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Hi Angela! You're kindof spoiled for choice there! All three are quite beautiful. I might pick different ones depending on what you want out of the finished product... I love the first one because it just makes Inuyasha stand out; that background truly fades into the background and gives all the attention to IY. I'd love the 3rd one if it didn't have the palm fronds in it... too jungly. I'd pick the 2nd one if you are looking at the overall presentation... the background compliments IY and has some personality of its own. And you know that I'm a tiny bit partial to that one anyway! ;) You really can't lose with any of those three choices, GK. Looks great!