Which one would you keep and which would you sell?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

Which Chibi Urd OP Cel would you sell?

17%
83%

Total votes: 23

Goldknight
RULER

Which one would you keep and which would you sell?

Post by Goldknight »

I have a problem. The mother of all cels that would stop me collecting from a certain series has popped up. If I buy this particular cel I would be done collecting for that series. It's that big. But I need to raise some money. I'm torn on what to sell since there are so many cels I have yet to scan into my site. However.....there are two Ah My Goddess OP cels from a similar sequence that I'm torn on what to do with. I'm going to keep one and sell the other. But I'm stumped as to what to keep and what to sell. I want the opinion of this forum. The POLL Question is which one of these two would you SELL and please post as to why you chose the way you did. It will really help me out. Thanks everyone!

Here are the links:

#1 = http://www.gold-knight.com/images/amg/c ... urdbig.jpg

#2 = http://www.gold-knight.com/images/amg/c ... rd2big.jpg
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

I'd Sell # 2. IN my opinion the first one is a better shot -
The expression on the second on is better - but I prefer Face on - rather than the angle...

*can't wait to see what GK has found... to stop her collecting a series** must be big :)
...just one more
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

I haven't seen AMG, so I'm going by what cel pleases my eye most. I like the first one better; I like her expression and the angle of her face is more even with the viewer.
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
naria
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by naria »

In my opinion, I'd sell the second one. I'm a huge fan of cels in which they are facing forward vs towards the side/angle. I haven't seen AMG, but the expression on the first one is great. Almost like she's saying "I'm better than you are!" :)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I'd sell the second one. I like the view of her face a lot better in the first cel. It's kinda hard to see her in the second.
Trilogy
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Trilogy »

Man, that's a tough one. I really kind of like #2 better because she's more animated (no pun intended), which I like. However, the #1 is probably the money shot--face on, her whole upper body, including hair, in the shot. But if you want to make more money, #1 would probably bring more.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

That's a good point Trilogy. I do want to make more money if I can. It's a toss up. I know the face on shots bring in more, but like you said the second shot is so much more animated. heh. That's the reason I'm so torn.........grrrrrrrrr........ :P
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

The first cel is a better angle of Chibi Urd, so I voted to sell the second cel. However, I agree with Trilogy. You also should consider which would bring in more funds for the cel you are after. :^^: It's your call in the end though. :P Good luck with your decision, GK. It's a tough one to make. :wink:
Govogeta
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Govogeta »

I like the 1st one better, so I'd sell the second one.
I just think the first cel is a better view of her all around :wink:
Echo
Senpai - Elder
Location: The tractor ridin', beer totin', shotgun firin' capital of the world..

Post by Echo »

Honestly, if her head wasn't cut off at the top, I would keep #2 indefinitely. The second one shows Urd's personality (especially when she's chibi) way better than the first. #1 is a nice portrait shot, but that's pretty much all it is. (and to me, the shape of her face seems a little weird). I don't know; when it comes to something like this I usually have to sit on it and see which one grows on me.

I realize that doesn't help you much. Maybe when I get back from work I can have a better answer for you.
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

i'd sell #2. the reason is #1 is a niceer shot and fully show urd's face. while #2 is more of a side shot, while very nice, the #1 is better.
Last edited by kira on Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

I agree...#1 just pops...it's a gorgeous full on shot, with lots of Urd's attitude showing in that saucy smile. #2 is nice, but it's not as nice as #1...but I am far more partial to full-on shots then side profiles, especially with so much of her cut off.

What a decision to make GK!
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat
Kane
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by Kane »

I voted to sell #1 mainly because I love shots that aren't head on. They are both awesome cels.

Good luck GK! I can't wait to see this special cel :)
ImageImage