Crumb cake!! I need advice...

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

Would you guys shell out for an inflated priced cel to complete a sequence?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:01 am

Hell Yes!! Buy it Startyde, you cheap ass...
20%
Are you nuts? Don't you have enough crap on your plate as it is...
30%
Behold! For now I wear the human pants!!!
50%

Total votes: 20

soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

Apprentice my ass.... more like tag team. I'm pretty certain you were a jiggle counter before you joined the board and met me. :P

**shampoo is lurking waiting to make a comment**
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

soda wrote: **shampoo is lurking waiting to make a comment**
No, shellie is lurking, and she's keeping her comments as to which of you is the Supreme Jiggle Counter to herself! ;)
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

Startyde: while we're on the subject, have you heard of the movie coming out in September called A Dirty Shame? Here is the website:

http://www.adirtyshamemovie.com/

shellie, shellie, shellie...... we both know who it is and it begins with "s".

Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

heehee! Yes, you're right ... I knew it was saiyanprince all along! :D

(Sorry to drag you into this, Eugene! ;)
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

^
LOL
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
Kane
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by Kane »

That's a tough choice. I was torn so I went with the pants answer. I don't collect sequence cels, but I know if I did I'd have to have them all, yet $200 is a bit pricey IMO.
ImageImage
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

I personally would just use the $200 on something else or just save it. I have always been a fan of finding that "perfect" shot and not finding the whole set. It doesn't make the cel worth more if you have the sister and basically, you can't really do more than look at it unless you plan on placing them in a giant frame or what-not.
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

^
Mmmmmmm...giant frame...
soda wrote:Startyde: while we're on the subject, have you heard of the movie coming out in September called A Dirty Shame? Here is the website:

http://www.adirtyshamemovie.com/

shellie, shellie, shellie...... we both know who it is and it begins with "s".
This is late, but nah...never heard of it till you sent the link. Heh, definitely looks like good fun all around...lol.

Don't know why it reminds me of Big Lebowski, but man that movie rocked...
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
Trilogy
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Trilogy »

That's a tough one, but I voted to buy it. It IS just like one you already have, but you love the sequence.

I haven't collected any sequences yet, but I've been thinking about it because lately I've been imagining having all or as many as possible of the cels in a sequence framed in a solid horizontal line all the way around a room so if you scan across the room, you could see the movement. That particular sequence would be fantastic framed like that.
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

^
You make a valid point my friend. Dammit, the pole is still tied...and Pants is still way ahead?? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

soda wrote:Apprentice my ass.... more like tag team. I'm pretty certain you were a jiggle counter before you joined the board and met me. :P

**shampoo is lurking waiting to make a comment**
HEY!! I saw that!!! :P :wack LOL!!!

soda: Have you considered getting any Golden Boy cels by any chance? I'm dying to get one of the motorcycle chick shes fun character :) except for that one part where shes on her cycle in the warehouse... :x tsk tsk!

Oh yes! Did you enjoy my lovely pm soda? I hope it made your day! :D
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Startyde wrote: ...and Pants is still way ahead?? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
You should never have tempted us with the "pants" choice ... I mean, it's just sitting there ... practically begging us to pick it. It'd almost be a crime not to choose it ... heh.

I still say, if you love the sequence, and you think the cel is worth $200, you should buy it.
This post brought to you by The Power of Plastik.

soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

shampoo---yep, I got it... still haven't decided yet what to write back that would make it worthy of your PM. And yes, I have considered getting some GB cels but they're too damn expensive. I'd love to have Startyde's Madam President with the painted on dress but can't do it. I've not seen GB yet. Should I add that to my anime list? Any thoughts Startyde?

Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

soda wrote:shampoo---yep, I got it... still haven't decided yet what to write back that would make it worthy of your PM. And yes, I have considered getting some GB cels but they're too damn expensive. I'd love to have Startyde's Madam President with the painted on dress but can't do it. I've not seen GB yet. Should I add that to my anime list? Any thoughts Startyde?
I swear to god Soda...send me your address, and a package of every awesome anime DVD I recommend will be yours for the viewing...
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

you havent seen GB yet?? 8O 8O
Your missing out on a great short series!! Its sooooooo funny!! :rollin Its only 2 dvds/vhs long so its not very pricey to get the whole thing its just 6 episodes. My fav is still the 1st episode w/ Madam Prez! *my queen's throne!! oh yessss! *rubs face on toilet* :flushie
Im saving up for the motorcycle chick as we speak, hopefully they wont sell it right now. But I think you'd enjoy GB! Its on the borderline between soft-core hentai and comedy but its just awesome all-around! :)