Crumb cake!! I need advice...

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

Would you guys shell out for an inflated priced cel to complete a sequence?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:01 am

Hell Yes!! Buy it Startyde, you cheap ass...
20%
Are you nuts? Don't you have enough crap on your plate as it is...
30%
Behold! For now I wear the human pants!!!
50%

Total votes: 20

Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

There's a lot of good anime you need to see Soda.
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

Startyde wrote:I swear to god Soda...send me your address, and a package of every awesome anime DVD I recommend will be yours for the viewing...
The only reason you're not getting my address is because I don't need you breaking into my house to get that full frontal shot of what's her name from Word's Worth (yet another series I've not seen :( ). I suppose you don't think I even deserve to have that cel if I don't even know her name. I'll get to them someday. Right now I'm not even sure I'd have time to watch them. Right now I'm more into real life plus, I've got to organize the next Roshi club meeting which includes doing some "interviews" for the entertainment.

shampoo: I've seen a cel of a woman from GB on a motorcycle drinking a beer. Is that the cel you're talking about? That would be another great cel to add to my collection I agree... but again, I bet it's mucho money-o. I only spend big bucks on angry cels, though there was a Viper GTS cel on YJ that Startyde and I were eyeing that I'd spend a chunk of change on.... the one with the pink (or was it green?). I'm okay for now though in the soft-core hentai dept. I'll add GB and Words Worth to my list. The last anime I watched on DVD was more than a month ago. It was the second set of episodes for Black Jack.

Keropi: yes, I agree but it's hard to do when I have to share my netflix orders with Bob the Builder and Power Rangers.
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

soda wrote:
Startyde wrote:I swear to god Soda...send me your address, and a package of every awesome anime DVD I recommend will be yours for the viewing...
The only reason you're not getting my address is because I don't need you breaking into my house to get that full frontal shot of what's her name from Word's Worth...
DAMMIT!!!

*crumples paper and throws it away*

...took me three weeks to come up with that plan...
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

For all you Golden Boy fans / cel seekers in this thread ... I just saw this on ebay. I know nothing about the show, never having seen it, so I don't even know if you'd consider this a "good" cel from the show or not ... but, thought I'd pass it along for you guys to look at, at least. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 31764&rd=1

So, Startyde ... did you ever decide what to do about that cel?
This post brought to you by The Power of Plastik.

Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

^
Yeah, Nichibei has the best selection of Golden Boy anywhere (think they struck a deal with the studio?) Anyhoo, had to pass on that one cause I'm a stickler for original backgrounds (which are ultra hard to come by with GB) Buuuuut, I am bidding on that other one they have on auction...just a cool shot of him behind the window.

As far as the point of this thread goes, I think half of you are right, and I'm gonna pass on this sequence cel. If it was even $100 less, I would grab it, but I feel like I could miss out on something really grand for that much...like, twice as much cleavage or something...
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer