Yay! My first Hentai cel...sort of. And a question...

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

How do you feel about Hentai?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:34 pm

I love it! Can't get enough!
22%
I've seen a few. Not bad, but not really my thing.
63%
Never, ever. Not in a million years.
15%

Total votes: 27

blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Yay! My first Hentai cel...sort of. And a question...

Post by blueheaven »

I was perusing Yahoo Japan(like I am wont to do every few hours or so) and I decided to see what was happening in Hentai land. My favorite hentai series is Shin Angel, but I rarely see cels from that show that I like. The only shots I really wanted were pics of Shizuka and Keisuke in a funny moment, a flashback cel of the two as kids, or a great pan cel of Shizuka in the buff. Well, I just so happened to find a perfect cel of the two as kids from the flashback sequence, with a matching background. To say the least, I am excited. I won't be seeing it for a while, since I want to wait to get a few more cels before I have it shipped. You can see a preview image of the cel on my site in meantime. Don't worry, it is a harmless image compared to some of my other cels.

And to make this a better thread, does anyone want to share their first hentai cel? Do you still own it?
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

My 1st hentai cel is, ironically, a New Angel cel I got as freebie from Celga. :o a sex scene no less! LOL
:rollin

As far as hentai cel collecting goes, I'd like to own a cel of Mezzo Forte someday, maybe Mikura! :)

I really like her design and Jon's collection has totally made me interested-- gotta pick up the series later down the road. :wink:
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

Congrats on the find BH!!! It's always great to snag that most memorable scene from a show you like, especially with a matching BG, and ESPECIALLY from a hentai...cause c'mon, they're ALL memorable scenes... :) :) :)

As far as the thread goes, I feel bad always mentioning this, it's not intentional and I don't mean to rub it in or anything, but the first series I really collected from was Mezzo, a hentai, and the first cels I ever bought were from you Blueheaven. Thus, my first ever hentai cels were these:

NOTHING BAD - FEAR NOT
http://startyde.rubberslug.com/gallery/ ... emID=69559
http://startyde.rubberslug.com/gallery/ ... emID=69582
http://startyde.rubberslug.com/gallery/ ... emID=69570

and they are three of my favs to this day.

However...they are tame cels from the show, and if one were to ask what my first REAL hentai cel was...well, I don't own it anymore *sniff* hard times and all...

Buuuuuuuuut...it found its way into a new home of another Mezzo freak. Thus, if one were so inclined, this was my first hentai cel, and now proud addition to BlueBlade's collection:

WARNING - HENTAI
http://blueblade.rubberslug.com/gallery ... emID=93264
Shampoo wrote:My 1st hentai cel is, ironically, a New Angel cel I got as freebie from Celga. :o a sex scene no less! LOL
:rollin

As far as hentai cel collecting goes, I'd like to own a cel of Mezzo Forte someday, maybe Mikura! :)

I really like her design and Jon's collection has totally made me interested-- gotta pick up the series later down the road. :wink:
OMG, Celga gave you a naughty hentai cel for a freebie?? LOL, you poor thing...as that certainly explains a lot...lol :) Awwww, and you like Mikura eh? Well, Christmas is coming kid...you never know...

:wink:
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
Kane
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by Kane »

Congrats on the new cel BH!

I didn't vote because I have never seen any hentai (at least I don't recall watching any, work has been way too crazy lately and my brain refuses to function once I leave there :P ) but I wouldn't have a problem with it either.
ImageImage
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Startyde wrote:Congrats on the find BH!!!
As far as the thread goes, I feel bad always mentioning this, it's not intentional and I don't mean to rub it in or anything, but the first series I really collected from was Mezzo, a hentai, and the first cels I ever bought were from you Blueheaven.
Thanks ST. Don't feel bad about mentioning that. If I really wanted to hold on to them, I would have found a way. But I needed cash for my Harley Quinn painting, and you helped a bunch. There are so many great shots from Mezzo it's unbelievable. If a pan cel of Momomi in the shower ever turns up, you will have a fight on your hands :wink:
Kane wrote:I didn't vote because I have never seen any hentai, but I wouldn't have a problem with it either.
I voted option two. I have seen quite a few hentai series, but most of it I can either take it or leave it. Only a few shows really intrigued me enough to want cels from them.
Last edited by blueheaven on Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Govogeta
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Govogeta »

I dont mind the hentai :) I have seen a few titles that were hentai
and for the most part I enjoyed them. There are a few hentai cels in
my gallery that are from Kite, nothing revealing though. Just recently
I won a rather revealing one(not from Kite) off yhj that I consider my
first real hentai cel.
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

I'm probably the only "no way" voter for hentai, but I just thought I'd relate my little run-in with hentai story, which is actually kinda like Shampy's!

I received a really cool monster cel as a freebie in one of my first Celga packages. I scanned him into my gallery as an "unknown cool monster guy" and got a few compliments on his creepy-ness. Then I got a nice email from soda with some scans of where my cool monster guy came from.... 8O EEEWWWWWWW! Hentai! I just couldn't look at my cool monster guy the same way after that. So I boxed him up and sent him to soda! :D
Lady Brick
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Lady Brick »

I added another "no way" vote, based on what I've seen. Kite was just too disturbing for me, and the other stuff I've seen was just too... gooey and squeltchey.

As far as I know, I've never had any hentai cels. I was actually looking at a few Kite cels until I saw the uncut version :? I wouldn't be opposed to owning any, though. Although again, if I ever saw the anime itself and really disliked it, I probablywouldn't want it anymore.
celgami
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by celgami »

Shampoo wrote:I really like her design and Jon's collection has totally made me interested
Same here. The design is cool and Startyde's fanatical demeanor towards Mezzo made me want to get a few cels. :)

I also received my first hentai as a freebie. It is a sequence mate of the Blanket Boy in my Misc section...except you see what he's hiding behind the blanket. X| I was 8O to receive this and still don't know where it's from, and don't really care.

Some hentai is okay if it has a good story supporting it, but if it is just blatant explicit scenes it's really not worth watching.
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

I agree with you guys in the regard that a hentai is only as good as its characters and story. IMO, Words Worth is an amazing tale, and would have made an amazing OAV without the gratuitous sex (though a few romantic love making scenes would have been more than appropriate given the love triangle that seems to manifest itself.) I genuinely felt for Astral and Sharon by the time the OAV ended, and for something based on an adult PC game, I feel ELF made characters so well designed and likeable, that you can really take something from the series itself.

Hmmmm...I should write these WW rants on my RS blog... :)

Mezzo is along the same lines, as the censored version is just as good if not better in that the uncharacteristic hentai scenes don’t end up breaking the otherwise humorous story.
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

I agree with you Startyde. So, with that said - Kite
absolutely sucked. The storyline was totally terrible. :roll:

**Runs and ducks from Rocks being heaved**
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

Pudge wrote:I agree with you Startyde. So, with that said - Kite
absolutely sucked. The storyline was totally terrible. :roll:

**Runs and ducks from Rocks being heaved**
You know, I couldn't agree more. If its art wasn't done by Yasuomi Umetsu, I wouldn't even acknowledge Kite, as it just isn’t my "thing." Mezzo is his far better work...
rayd
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rayd »

Hides head in embarassment. :emb I have to admit i only have two hentai cels, one is from kite and the other from luv wave. The reason why i have these two is the art work on the hentai can be very excellent, even beating some non-hentai anime, I have a kite that is one of sawa. I have another from luv wave, beside why wouldnt i want a cel of girls with computers and guns, they rock. :yourock:
fickle-haruka
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by fickle-haruka »

Startyde wrote: However...they are tame cels from the show, and if one were to ask what my first REAL hentai cel was...well, I don't own it anymore *sniff* hard times and all...
LOL, I must have a warped mind, but I had a very naughty thought when I read this, pun intended?

I haven't seen your cel, so I guess it may not be as funny.

I've been debating collecting hentai cels, some have really really neat art and colors - or interesting layout/poses. Someday....
Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu!
- 工藤 新一 , 名探偵コナン

http://fickle.rubberslug.com
A Mixed Cel & Sketch Collection of Various Anime that I Like.

http://128.194.67.128/index.php
My personal sale site for items that need new homes!
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

In terms of the uncensored versions, I thought Kite was actually better than Mezzo. The sex/rape scenes in it had a real connection to the story, unlike the scenes in Mezzo. If you leave out those scenes in Mezzo, no big loss to the coherency of the story. If you left them out of Kite, the story would not have as much impact regarding the ending.