Kanon

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Kanon

Post by Hakiri »

I hope I'm posting this in the right area. I didn't know where to put it really. :swetadrop:

I was wondering if the anime 'Kanon' was an anime with cels produced. I have been scouring all over to find some, but I haven't had any luck.

And if there are some produced, where would be the best place in finding them? Does anybody know where to find them?

Thank you

Take care! :^^:

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin x)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Someone probably does.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

Kanon was cg, so you won't find any cels. I don't think that there were even any rilezu produced for the series, but maybe there are some sketches drifting around. Sorry! :(
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

Moop wrote:Kanon was cg, so you won't find any cels. I don't think that there were even any rilezu produced for the series, but maybe there are some sketches drifting around. Sorry! :(
Thanks for the information and help. :^^: I'm glad I finally found out. I've been trying to find out for ages now, so thank you for your help.

Hm... Is Kanon quite an old anime? If it is, it'll probably be much harder to find sketches. I've on Ep.12 and I've only just started thinking of getting some production work from it, but then that's when I realised that I didn't know too much about it, production wise. 8O

Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

Well, it aired in Japan from relatively early in 2002 to late 2002, so it's less than three years old. But since there were only thirteen episodes (or fourteen, if you include the final one, though I don't know when that was produced or released), finding sketches could definitely be difficult. If you use Rinkya, you might want to add the category, just so you can check it regularly without having to go through every other Kanon item on YJ.
The artwork is charming. Good Luck! :^^:
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

I agree. The artwork is very beautiful. I just saw some Kanon genga (?) I'm not entirely sure.

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=htt ... /b56296239

It looks very beautiful, but I don't have a Rinkya account and I've never used a deputy service, and to have to sort this all out in 18 hours... :x 8O I don't think I would be able to make it. I wish I saw it a few days earlier. I guess I'd have to wait. How can I know what it says in Japanese? My usual translator keeps messing up. :l

EDIT: Yay! My translator works! But it translates quite strangely... 8O

I guess I can't get them this time around. Are they photocopies, or are they the actual thing? I can't really tell. :l

I feel quite annoyed at myself for not being able to get it though, seeing how big a kanon fan I am. *sigh* :l (Unless somebody would like to split it with me or something, *hint hint* lol :^^:) Actually, it's quite a bit too late to make arrangements now anyways. :x

kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

Hakiri wrote:I agree. The artwork is very beautiful. I just saw some Kanon genga (?) I'm not entirely sure.
It says "settei materials". So they are used to make settei, I think. This is some materials which the charactor designer used to set up charactors. I guess the seller is selling her husband's collections so she said she does not know details.... :P :P I hope it helps :D
Cats rule!
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

kittens wrote:
Hakiri wrote:I agree. The artwork is very beautiful. I just saw some Kanon genga (?) I'm not entirely sure.
It says "settei materials". So they are used to make settei, I think. This is some materials which the charactor designer used to set up charactors. I guess the seller is selling her husband's collections so she said she does not know details.... :P :P I hope it helps :D
Thank you, thank you! :^^: Are settei mainly photocopies? I heard somewhere that they are most likely.

From the pictures, they don't look like settei to me, but I might have the wrong image of settei in my little head.

Thank you for the help, Moop and kittens! :^^:

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Thanks for telling me that gossip. I will remember it.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

It says "settei materials" (if my translation is right :P :P) so this means that they are used to make a settei. So, they are not exactly settei.....

It does not say anything about they are photocopies or original..... so, i cannot say anything....
Cats rule!
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

kittens wrote:It says "settei materials" (if my translation is right :P :P) so this means that they are used to make a settei. So, they are not exactly settei.....

It does not say anything about they are photocopies or original..... so, i cannot say anything....
Thank you for your help, kittens!

I was wondering, too... :l I guess I'll wait for another opportunity to come by. Do you think I should post in the Wishlist/Requests forum if anybody has any kanon sketches? I just think it's such a beautiful anime and I want to collect a few memories from it. :)

Thank you
Take care!!
~Hakiri

Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

If they were used for making settei, then I suppose they might be originals. That would be a wonderful find! But even if they're copies, they're awfully pretty ones, plus, the category is unusual and the price is not bad.
If they don't get any bids this time around, they're likely to be relisted automatically. If you decide you want them, then you should sign up with a deputy right away. I wouldn't mind bidding for you this time around, if you like, but you would have to be 100% certain that you want them!
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

I would guess by the opening price and the amount of sheets there are that these are copies. "Original" settie are rarely sold and go for a lot of money. :^^:
Hold On Tightly ~ Let Go Lightly
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

Hm... Thank you all for your help. *nod nod* :)

I have decided not to go for them this time around, but I will keep my fingers crossed in finding them later, because there is quite some confusion over whether these are copies or not.

I'm sorry and thank you for your help. I'll have to think about it further. :l

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Some may confusion over whether these are copies IS *nod nod* smile I have decided not to go for them this time around but I will keep my fingers crossed in finding them later because there, but not all.
-I, Robot (Asimov)