So how many have actually SEEN Escaflowne?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies

Have you seen Escaflowne?

I've seen the series and liked it.
16%
I've seen the movie and liked it.
9%
I've seen the series and hated it.
3%
I've seen the movie and hated it.
No votes
I've seen both and liked them both.
51%
I've sen both and hated them both.
3%
I've seen neither.
19%

Total votes: 80

Lizzard
Kamisama - God

Post by Lizzard »

Yay, I have a good collection! *waves flag*

I am still waiting for a Bandito-chan. I have been after a bandit Allen since the beginning. Someday. Sigh.
Webmistress Lizzard
L I Z Z A R D . N E T
For People With Nothing Better To Do
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

weyrlady wrote:Thanks, guys. Sometimes I can't keep my mouth shut. ^^;

Uende, you and me both! There's nothing wrong with being... well, I'm not sure I can use the particular word on this forum. Strongly opinionated? Very sure of one's self? Willing to stand up for what you believe in?
I would never dare asking of anyone to keep their mouths shut. So keep doing that. (Opening your mouth that is ... Say "ah !" :D.)
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

I don't care what anyone says....I loved the series (not the hacked up english version) and I loved the movie. Both were unique and well done in their own way. Van and Allen are Yummy and my psychopathic Dilandau has always put a smile to my face :love:

nuff' said

Ashura
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Hey! At least no one's voted I've seen the movie and hated it. :D

This coming from an avid lover and collector of the tv series. The movie is okay, imo. 8)
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Cel_F
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Cel_F »

I enjoyed the tv series a lot but as I watched it several years back, prob need to watch again sometime as I'm sure there's a lot I've forgotten X|

As for the movie, loved the artwork but the plot didn't quite do it for me. Probably coz I too had thought it'd be more of a continuation of the series. I think if I had watched the movie first tho, I'd prob like it more!

As for cels, just have the one but it's prob the only Allen I'll need :wink: :
http://celf.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_ ... emID=13473

Cheers,
Cel_F
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

:OMG Gorgeous Allen Cel, Cel_F /no1

Ashura
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

First of all....to everyone - I would like to give my apologies for not being around more to monitor these threads. I have a few things on my plate, but I promise to make as much time for Beta as I possible can.

Now...on to the issue. The general behavior that I have seen in this and other threads is extremely disappointing. And I really can only blame myself for not putting an end to it sooner. But believe me, I will be watching from here on out.

Again, my apologies for neglecting...I will be better! I promise!

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

I absolutely love Esca. Unfortunately, I watched the movie right after finishing the series and was kind of expecting a continuation :sweatdrop . . . I really need to watch it again to get a more unbiased opinion.

As far as the character design between the the two, the movie was gorgeous, but I really preferred Dilandau and Allen's series designs. I mean, Dilandau ended up looking like a cat, IMO. At least he didn't end up like his shounen manga counterpart :l I mean, what'd they do with my skinny femme bishie?!!

BTW, Lizzard, luv your gallery :D
Court
Kamisama - God

Post by Court »

Ack, gone for a few months and the Esca section comes back to life! I love how Lizzard knows all these cool little factoids about the Escaflowne series and the production. Maybe I'm the only one who's reading with enthusiasm, but the series still has a special place in my heart.
Lizzard
Kamisama - God

Post by Lizzard »

I love being useful. ^_____^
Webmistress Lizzard
L I Z Z A R D . N E T
For People With Nothing Better To Do
Court
Kamisama - God

Post by Court »

All your efforts are appreciated madam! Isn't it cute how you become a teacher in both your real life efforts and in your hobbies? I'm noticing a trend. :)