$4000 for one tiny bite... Sounds like something from anime.

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies

$4000 for one tiny mosquito bite...

Yes... sure... why not.
32%
No!!!
68%

Total votes: 19

Carla
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Carla »

8O OMG HELL NO!!! Thats not enough money!!! People shouldn't put price tags on there health 8O
moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by moonrabitt »

Well...At first I though No...So No...However, if I really needed the money for like surgery for a family member or something...then yes....And if anything goes wrong...I can always sue them :wink:
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Lol.... sue them.... Image

If it's reoccuring, I wouldn't do it.

http://malariasite.com/malaria/RecurrentMalaria.htm

This site says that if you don't get bit again or if you complete the treatment then you don't have to worry.

They might be wrong, I don't know... never been bit before. Image
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

wrong I do not know are wrong I do not know .
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Lets see , $4000 so one can get infected with parasites that attack your liver and blood so I would suffer from fever , chills , nausea , anemia , convulsions and possible coma or death. /hmm

Not to mention the possible relapse down road and finding out your insurance will not cover you since you purposely exposed yourself to it.

I think I'll pass :dgrin
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Ah, see I read it as they had found a cure. As in, later in life you wouldn't have repeat symptoms. Well, if I'm going to have relapses, forget it. :hurt:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Okuni
Kamisama - God

Post by Okuni »

Is this the American tax dollar at work?!? What the heck is WRONG with these people??
Malaria kills more people in than lions, elephants and crocodiles.

Putting these people in a HOTEL?! :puzzled Clinical tests are supposed to be done in a lab! I don't care if there will be "medical supervision"- it's still possible for this to escape into the general public. Is this s'posed to be a research project or a way to spread malaria In the United States?

IMHO, this is a bad idea all around. If some politicians/town council okay'd it, they should be beaten with a stick! :wack I hope someone's petitioned against it.
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Chances are that this vaccine would be used to protect American and UN soldiers who have to go to Africa. Just like we have to have the Anthrax and Smallpox vaccines. I hope that their research goes well.
lcatino

Post by lcatino »

My sister came back from Ghana with Malaria, regardless of taking the anti-malaria pills daily for a week before and during the entire 3 week trip, so after seeing her that sick, I would have to go with "hell no"! $4,000 is not enough $$$ to suffer like that.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Older sister or younger?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
lcatino

Post by lcatino »

She is younger. :)
Okuni
Kamisama - God

Post by Okuni »

miz ducky wrote:Chances are that this vaccine would be used to protect American and UN soldiers who have to go to Africa. Just like we have to have the Anthrax and Smallpox vaccines. I hope that their research goes well.
heh... I didn't even consider that. Image
I was thinking how terrorists could possibly use it against us.
Makoli
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Makoli »

$4000 to get Malaria? uhm..no i mean i like money, i love hotels and for the most part i like doctors but hell no.
All great discoveries are made by mistake-the laws of murphy

Then the Dean repeated the mantra that has had such a marked effect on the progress of knowledge through the ages.
'Why don't we just mix up absolutely everything and see what happens?' he said.
And Ridcully responded with the traditional response. "It's got to be worth a try,' he said