What show would you bring back?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

Since this is wishful thinking, I’ll limit myself to older titles that have no chance of ever really being done… :(
except in my dreams. :wink:

Rurouni Kenshin

Two Words: Jinchuu Arc!!!!

Zipang

I almost put my foot through the TV when I saw its “ending.â€
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

ReiTheJelly
(1.) Fruits Basket
(2.) Legend of Basara
(3.) Ouran Host Club
Gotta agree
But add Berserk !! :) :)
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
dark-water-dragon
Kamisama - God

Post by dark-water-dragon »

I would agree with Kenshin but if they did bring it back I would hope they would not butcher it like the last couple of times.
Darkness is the only thing that can comfort you

http://dwd.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

dark-water-dragon wrote:I would agree with Kenshin but if they did bring it back I would hope they would not butcher it like the last couple of times.
:crackup Oh, you are sooooo right, dark-water-dragon! /no1

And since we're wishing….

I’d like the character designs to return to being manga based!
Just as they were in the Tokyo and Kyoto Arcs! :love:
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Ghost Hunt - more more more 8)

Spiral

Gundam Seed Destiny - I just want to them to animate what the author said in an artbook.

07-Ghost

Pandora Hearts

La Corda D'Oro - & not some stupid side-story special :evil:

Nana - although maybe it's a good thing they stopped where they did :bawl
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
DragonShiryu
Anime Geek

Post by DragonShiryu »

A gajillion percent BERSERK. Its non-ending ending left fans clawing for some kind of continuation outside of the manga series.
toonybabe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by toonybabe »

I would definitely bring back Sonic SatAM. It was cancelled after just two seasons. Come on, Knuckles didn't even make an appearance in the series!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What would make you definitely bring back Sonic SatAM?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

I agree with Fruits Basket, Juuni Kokki, and a bunch of the others listed. Need to add Saiunkoku Monogatari and Kyou Kara Maou.
Caroline
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Caroline »

it wouldn't make any sense to bring it back i guess, but i would love to see unico back, or new episodes. there are so many unico stories left to be animated.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Where are they?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

irmgaard wrote: I’d like the character designs to return to being manga based!
Just as they were in the Tokyo and Kyoto Arcs! :love:
It's always nice to be reminded that there are other people out there who preferred the manga storyline. :D

Well, I suppose I'd like to see Fruits Basket and Samurai Deeper Kyo continued. The thing is, I moved onto the manga, so I might not watch them. :hurt:
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Good Topic!! My purely personal prefences would be:

* a new season or two of Full Metal Panic.
The Second Raid finished with so many questions left unanswered The anime is only about one third of the way through the Light novel series, the main Bulk of the story has yet to be animated.
* Nadesico
Both the TV series & movie each finished with 'WTF' endings.
* School Rumble
The Third series was being produced before the project was canned due to lack of funds. Only the final two episodes of the third were released, which kinda left an unsatisfactory ending to a hugely funny series.
And as pure fanboy fantasy - Escaflowne :P
With all the main characters reuniting to stop a new threat.
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

klet wrote:It's always nice to be reminded that there are other people out there who preferred the manga storyline.
/no1

Quacker wrote:* a new season or two of Full Metal Panic.
Oooo, I’d like to see Full Metal Panic continue, too! :D
After A Dancing Very Merry Christmas the novels turn so much darker; but are filled with very exciting and dramatic action scenes--they’d look great!
Of course, the series of books isn’t finished yet, so maybe a studio would want to wait for the end. The next one is supposed to be the last.

But also…I don’t know :O …
I’m not sure if I could bear to watch :OMG …
:bawl Kurz Die! :bawl
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Oooo, I’d like to see Full Metal Panic continue, too!
After A Dancing Very Merry Christmas the novels turn so much darker; but are filled with very exciting and dramatic action scenes--they’d look great!
Of course, the series of books isn’t finished yet, so maybe a studio would want to wait for the end. The next one is supposed to be the last.
Yeh!!! Another FMP Fan :D
FMP, Fumoffu & TSR were just the proverbial tip of the Iceberg for this series. As you mentioned, there is still loads more stuff which can be animated. One scene in particular which I can easily see Kyo-Ani doing particularly well as it is both equally dramatic & heart-breaking:
Leonard's surprise assault on Jindai High & consequent kidnapping of Kaname. As Kaname is being led into Leonard's getaway helicopter, she manages to get a radio message to a desperately fighting Sousake who is trying to reach her position - where they both admit to having feelings for each other & that the next time Kaname sees Sousake, she wants to kiss him. There it is, the confession all of us FMP fans have been waiting for, but Leonard escapes with Kaname.
Yes, everything rests upon this 'final' book - the climax to current story Gatoh-san has been quoted as saying. Unfortunately, when this book will be released, still isn't known.