Which series have you started but not finished??

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I am so glad you find this amusing, Noriko010884.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Here are more shows I haven't finished since the last time: :P

Doujin Work
Kenko Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho
Moetan
Mushi-Uta
The Third

I begin a number of shows, but I rarely finish them. I only finished one series from the January 2007 season (Kyoshiro to Towa) and two from the July 2007 season (Code-E and School Days).

I finished six from the larger April 2007 season (Keitai Shoujo, Kono Aozora, Shining Tears X Wind, Toward the Terra, Darker than Black and Seto no Hanayome), but generally I only finish about one out of every seven television shows that I start out with. :O
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

Most of them, really.
But not because of not liking them, just... losing interest after a while.

Bleach, now, I just stopped after 65. Seriously, it should have ended at 63 and saved us all the heartache and "self mutilation". I haven't even tried to wade through all that yet. I figure I will eventually, just for some new injection of my orange headed love. :wink: I did watch eps 145-8 just to get a look at a certain character, but felt I hadn't missed anything in the interim. 8O

The long ones I DID finish? Kenshin and Fushigi Yugi. :D
I think after those epics, I was epic'd out for a while.

I'm actually about three eps from the end of Full Metal Alchemist, and just can't bring myself to watch the last three due to seeing my boy Roy afterwards with an eye patch! I don't know if I can hack watching him get hurt like that. :hurt:
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Lately I have been trying to finish anime that I should have finished a long time ago. I went through everything and I think these are the shows that are the best candidates for me to work on. This is only a wishlist. Some of these anime are good while some are not very good at all. I'd still like to see more of them anyway just to satisfy my curiousity on what happened after the part I seen (or I'd just like to see them for myself):

Bartender, Blue Drop, Canvas 2, Casshern Sins, Ef memories, Elfen Lied, Ergo Proxy, Ga-Rei Zero, Ginban Kaleidoscope, Gunparade Orchestra, Harukanaru Toki, Juuni Kokuki, Kakyuusei 2, Kara no Kyoukai, Kurau, La Corda, Le Chevalier, Legend of Arslan, Macross Zero, Mahou Shoujotai Alice, Maria-sama, Mermaid's Forest, Moetan (ugh)

Mushi-Uta, Neo Angelique Abyss 2nd, Popotan, ROD TV, Reideen new TV series, Scryed, See in Ao, Seirei no Moribito, Shion no Ou, Sister Princess (ugh), Sky Girls, Speed Grapher, Strange Love, Tales of Eternia, Tales of Symphonia, The Third, Twin Spica, Tournament of the Gods, Trinity Blood, Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, Stellvia, Valkyria Chronicles, White Album 2nd, Xamdou, xxxHOLiC, Yu No

Hope I can finish at least a few of these by the end of this year. I hope.
eyes0nme19
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by eyes0nme19 »

Personally, I don't really like to stop in the middle of watching a series that I enjoy but sometimes I get really irritated when there's too many fillers, so I stop completely...

Naruto Shipuuden (Waiting for it to be over, so I can watch it all at one go)
Bleach
One Piece (I LOVE watching this, but sometimes it gets too exciting and I can't hold myself to wait till the next ep gets loaded, so I cheat and read the manga instead lol)
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Massacrist Manslayer »

Keropi - That is alot of anime series to go through. A couple in your list are must watch :OMG

I only have a couple anime series that I can't watch cause the damn disc will not play at all or plays up an skip around while playing.

Utawarerumono
Speed Grapher
an couple more I can't remember :shrug

Hellgirl - I had to stop, the story line was the same to each episode an boredom set in watching the second disc. Only the graphics got my attention for liking Hellgirl.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Massacrist Manslayer wrote:A couple in your list are must watch :OMG
Which ones were you thinking of? Ergo Proxy and Serei no Moribito? They are both loved by many that's for sure. :)
Hellgirl - I had to stop, the story line was the same to each episode an boredom set in watching the second disc. Only the graphics got my attention for liking Hellgirl.
Well...there's only so many ways for your life to go downhill and fall into the pit of hell right? Lol :D I know what you mean though.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

inuyasha & d.grayman-hung in for quite awhile but just couldnt get through either of them :(
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Massacrist Manslayer wrote:Hellgirl - I had to stop, the story line was the same to each episode an boredom set in watching the second disc. Only the graphics got my attention for liking Hellgirl.
Jigoku Shoujo was, for me, an anime that really doesn't hit you until the end of each season. In season one, the last few episodes explain JS's origin. I really enjoyed the third(final?) season and found the ending totally unexpected and thrilling. And while the majority of episodes were repetitive, I thought that some of the filler plots were interesting. Some of the characters had greatly suffered, and then there were others that were using JS as if she were a toy.

I'd recommend, if you don't have the patience for the series, to watch the last few episodes of each season.
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Keropi - Yes Ergo Proxy is one of them, Le Chevalier D'eon, Elfen Lied, R.O.D an Tsukuyomi Moon Phase an the rest no idea haven't been release Aussie yet.

These are the ones I love an willing too watch an stick my face to screen an kick everyone out of the room.

S-cry-ed, boring story line but good graphic's.
crackpot27
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!
Location: My GPS is telling me to turn and there is no road...

Post by crackpot27 »

XD three years later...it's sad how many of those series I still haven't finished, and how many more get added to the list X|

More I never intend to finish:

Yumiero Patissiere: so sweet it started to rot my teeth :P Though I suppose I should have seen it coming...
Night Head Genesis
Gun x Sword: Just didn't really like any of the characters and lost interest
White Album
Kurozuka

Series I've yet to finish but intend to as of now :P

Rental Magica
Baccano!
Pandora Hearts
07 Ghost
Zombie Loan
Kara no Kyoukai

and Series I haven't finished because they haven't finished :^^:

Kimi no Todoke
Durarara!!
Armed Librarians: The Book of Bantorra
Fairy Tail
Kobato
Katekyo Hitman Reborn

There's probably more for each category but that's what's coming to mind as of now.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Massacrist Manslayer wrote:S-cry-ed, boring story line but good graphic's.
Yeah, I mainly wanted to watch it for artwork considerations. Don't think it's my type of story though, but I'd like to work it out of my system.

I'd like to start watching Gunbuster 2, Narutaru and Macross Frontier since I haven't seen any of those. I was curious to see how disturbing Narutaru is. :D :wow:
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Keropi wrote:but I'd like to work it out of my system

Thats true.
Keropi wrote:I was curious to see how disturbing Narutaru is
If it beats "Elfen Lied" opening, I can't wait for Narutaru to come out.

Have another anime series that I haven't finish "Boogiepop Phantom". I don't why, maybe not scary enough to watch. It was one of my first anime series to started off my DVD collection.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Massacrist Manslayer wrote:Thats true.
I went and worked it out already. :)

I watched the third episode and put in the Dropped category. That just means that it's a low priority show for me to get back to. There are too many other shows I'd rather get back to first before that one and I'm rapidly running out of time to watch them.
If it beats "Elfen Lied" opening, I can't wait for Narutaru to come out.
That Opening creeps me out almost as much as when I was a little kid and my dad painted the area around our bathtub black. Lol :D
Have another anime series that I haven't finish "Boogiepop Phantom". I don't why, maybe not scary enough to watch. It was one of my first anime series to started off my DVD collection.

So you like scary anime eh?
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Keropi wrote:So you like scary anime eh?
I don;t know? what ever grabs my attention I just like every type of anime out there an the ones I'm trying to stop my sister from watching, love being evil to her :evilblk .
I do have tons anime that I haven't watch at all, just a pain in the butt.