What happened to Getterdome????

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Goldknight
RULER

What happened to Getterdome????

Post by Goldknight »

Does anyone know where this DVD seller went? I ordered all my subs from this guy. I originally found him on ebay and then started using his site directly to order Inuyasha, FMA, everything on DVD. Now his site is gone and he's no longer a registered user on ebay. The seller was awesome and I never heard a complaint about him. Any ideas??? :?
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

I bought a couple of things from him, too. (Before I discovered how much better the fan subs are, that is.) He was a really reliable dealer, but apparently he was reported for selling bootlegs. You'd think people could find better things to do with their time. :? Anyway, eBay gave him the boot, and I read somewhere that the licensing companies were involved in the shutdown of his website.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

O_o No kidding. That's such a shame. So where do people recommending buying subs on dvds now? It gets old downloading them off kazaa :roll:
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

Is it watching them on the computer that you don't like, or is it kazaa? Because while kazaa is utterly worthless for dling decent subs, bittorrent is fantastic. Many bt sites even have the dual audio DVD versions available. And for the series that haven't had an English release yet, the quality fansubs are so much better than the HK DVDs that I will never buy another one of those things. I think any bt user will tell you that if you haven't already given it a try, you absolutely must. (Besides, with all of the money you save, you can buy lots more cels. :wink:)
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

http://get.to/animedivxonline

I have been buying from this guy for quite a while without any problems, but he is not updating as much as he used to.
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

But...erm...if those are the exact same subs that you can download yourself in a few minutes, then what is the point of paying for them? Fansubbers hate it when 'entrepreneurs' profit off of the hard work that they distribute for free. If you really want to add a series to your collection, you can burn it to disc yourself for pennies on the dollar of what that place charges. 8O
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

I usually buy my DVD's on Ebay from random sellers with good feedback 8)