Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Hachiyoushou~

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Hachiyoushou~

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Dear lord, if you're not watching this series, you need to NOW! lol Just saw this week's episode, and as a Tenma fan, I am very pleased. haha Now I have to see how much money I'll have left over from paying off my credit card bills so I can get a few more fancels of the boy... There were so many beautiful shots of him in this last eps... *swoon*

So, if you know of this series or are new to it, who's your favorite character and why?
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Re: Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Hachiyoushou~

Post by Baakay »

Rekka Alexiel wrote:Dear lord, if you're not watching this series, you need to NOW! lol Just saw this week's episode, and as a Tenma fan, I am very pleased. haha Now I have to see how much money I'll have left over from paying off my credit card bills so I can get a few more fancels of the boy... There were so many beautiful shots of him in this last eps... *swoon*

So, if you know of this series or are new to it, who's your favorite character and why?

AAAAH... I've only seen the first 5 eps on fansub and I want more, seriously...

Choose a favorite? not at this point. They're all too pretty :-)
Rekka Alexiel

Re: Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Hachiyoushou~

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Baakay wrote:AAAAH... I've only seen the first 5 eps on fansub and I want more, seriously...
Ahh, just wait until you've seen the current 11 episodes! Total swoonage! The TV series is following the manga SO well, I couOVA because it's pretty really upset about the OVA because it's pretty much a side story and had nothing much to do with the "real" story... But this, this is perfect. It's so nice to see some of these scenes animated. Absolutely beautiful!! *crosses fingers* I just hope the series will end favorably for my boy Tenma. lol
Elendil
Kamisama - God

Post by Elendil »

I first started watching this show and thought it was a total Fushigi Yugi rip off. But at the moment I'm addicted to it and need to see more. XD When I watching a show in fansubs I usually wait till its all out to watch because otherwise I really get ancy and neeeeeeed to see the next episode. :l :l :l But a favorite charachter so far....hmm....I kinda like the Onmyogi, but seeing only 5 eps I'm not sure I have a favorite yet. ;)

Nikki
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

that show is a combination of about every single anime out there (the most noticable is FY). But considering that the shows it rips off are ones that I enjoy, it makes watching all the more fun!
weyrlady
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by weyrlady »

Heehee-- I kind of view it as a giant animated fanfic, and it really amuses me. And guh, but the guys are pretty. I'm currently in love with Tenma, because he is just... hot. That tank top and kimono combination should look ridiculous, but somehow it doesn't. Plus, he's FB's Kyo! He's like, Kyo finally given a purpose in life. I love the incredibly pracitcal, calm way he was handling himself before he found Akane.
Weyrlady
Frozen Moments - My Main Gallery!
http://www.dragonweyr.com/cels
Rubberslug Gallery (for the best of the best):
http://weyrlady.rubberslug.com
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

There are a lot of similarities between this series and FY, but seriously, the whole premise is different...of course, it's been a LONG time since I've seen FY. The idea of the Shijin is a common theme that has been used in different ways many times over, so I can hardly call this a ripoff and it shouldn't be judged on that sole idea. Purely original ideas are hard to come by so ya can't be too picky or else you'll find very little to be pleased about.

I loved FY, but in terms of the Shijin themes, I think the four gods are developed a lot more in this series than in FY, which pretty much only delt with Suzaku. Akane isn't the Miko of one god, but rather a holy dragon god which sits above the four gods of directions. Another similarity is that the story takes place in the past, but this isn't ancient China any more. It's Kyoto, and for that, I think I like it much more, too. I don't know too much about Chinese customs, so it's nice to see and hear Kotengu's explainations to certain things about life in ancient Japan.

I kinda see the series as a sort of romance story. The games are very much like date sims... So although there are 8 protectors of the Ryuujin no Miko, there is a sort of romantic tension between them all. lol In the game, you get the choice of whom to pursue, which is why I'm really interested in finding out who, if anyone, they'll pair Akane up with in the end. After 9 mangas, I still haven't got a clue how the story will end. I've played the games, so I know those endings... The "true" manga story could always be different.

I'm a total Tenma freak, loved him from the first moment I set eyes on a cel Amy had made (which is now in my gallery! heehee). I totally swooned after the last episode, #11, and #12 is going to be good, too--especially if you're a Yasuaki fan. *pokes Elendil* There should be a couple good moments with Tenma at the end of the episode, though, if it follows the same chronological order of the manga (which the series has been doing rather well so far! Eps 11 of the anime is in the 3rd manga).

But anyway, sorry if I'm a little protective of this series--I want as many people to enjoy it as I have and...I tend to get a little passionate for the series that I really love. lol If anyone wants to talk more about the series, please feel free to post here or msg me anytime!! *glomps the haruka fans* It's torture waiting for a new eps every week alone...
Elendil
Kamisama - God

Post by Elendil »

Rekka Alexiel wrote: I totally swooned after the last episode, #11, and #12 is going to be good, too--especially if you're a Yasuaki fan. *pokes Elendil*
hehe....I look forward to seeing that ep then. ;) I didnt particularly like FY (though, the first half was very nice, but the second half...eh...kinda ruined it for me), so the only reason I stuck with this show was because its set in Heian period Japan, a period I very much enjoy. I'm glad I did, beccause the show has been able to break off into its own story. I also really love how, at the end of every ep before the credits roll, they include a poem. A very Heian period-ish thing to do. :) I just wish I knew more Japanese and Kanji to be able to recognize the characters in order to jot them down.

Nikki
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Oh, I know. It drove me nuts with the poems at the end. They're written in that fancy caligraphy style, so it's almost impossible for me to read it. If you find some of the fan subs (only 1-5 are available so far) they translate the poems, and they're very haiku-ish; usually talking about something about the seasons and all that cool stuff. heehee What are the rules for a true Japanese haiku, anyway? I always wondered if our idea of what a haiku is really correct or not...
Elendil
Kamisama - God

Post by Elendil »

Well, for the Heian period, the haiku style wasnt even inveted yet. The rules for poetry were pretty relaxed; they didnt necessarily rhyme, and had no standard line/syllabal limits. Its flexible style allowed the writer to write a 2 or 200 line poem, if they felt like it. These days, its known as 'waka', which literally means 'japanese poems'. After waka, tanka poetry, which had a 5-7-5-7-7 syllable style, was used. The haiku wasn't formally used until the Edo period (1603-1867). If you want a great example of Heian period poetry, you should pick up The Tale of Genji, or one of the many volumes of the Kokinshu, which is a compilation of love poetry by famous writers and court nobles starting in the Heian period and continuting for some 37 volumes, all of which were imperially commissioned. :)

Nikki

Edit: Oh, the traditional rule of the 5-7-5 haiku are the same as what the japanese use. ;)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Oh wow, that's too cool. I have the Tale of Genji but I haven't read it yet. =P I guess I should do that, huh? :P
Elendil
Kamisama - God

Post by Elendil »

It does look pretty oppressive in size, but its actually really enjoyable. The first half of the book reads like a romance novel. ;)

Nikki
weyrlady
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by weyrlady »

I've been working my way through Genji for a while now. It's a lot more enjoyable than some of the other ancient Japanese writing I've read. Though if you want to try something slightly more recent and *slightly* shorter, I also liked Tale of the Heike (Heike Monogatari). It's all full of war and angst and samurai.
Weyrlady
Frozen Moments - My Main Gallery!
http://www.dragonweyr.com/cels
Rubberslug Gallery (for the best of the best):
http://weyrlady.rubberslug.com
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

weyrlady wrote:It's all full of war and angst and samurai.
lol sounds like something I'd like! haha Thanks for the recommendation! It's kinda sad how little I know about classic and modern Japanese literature. I need to do more with this stuff.
Elendil
Kamisama - God

Post by Elendil »

Oh, btw. Do you know where I could get my hands on the OVA? It would have to be subbed since I'm in first year japanese at the moment. ;)

Nikki