Juuni Kokuki

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Serendipity_Collections
Shinigami - Moderator
Shinigami - Moderator

Post by Serendipity_Collections »

Sadly while this series was a great one especially considering Yhoko's story so to speak... you don't get any real closure on any of the characters because of the series being stoppes in Japan. I was hoping they would do the King of En story and the story of Taiki and then come back to give a finalization of Yhoko's Kingdom for the viewer to be able to see what happened after she started to get more into the role of her being the Emperor..

Personally I was really hoping for something to develope more between her and Rakshun.... he's a cutie in my book! Got sketches to proove the fixation too!

I really hope the manga are released so I can find out more.

Jelenity~
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Well,
as seems that many of you are specially worried about Taiki i can tell you a little of what happens in the novels.... (i have not read them myself specially since not much is translated).....

.... oh this chance also lets me try the spoiler button :D

dedicated to Pudge.... who seems to like Taiki very much :P
As it has been mentioned before the series had planned to have 68 episodes or so, and they were cut at 45. But even with all those 68 episodes it wouldn't have been enough to cover all the novels and probably not what happens with Taiki as i believe its resolved towards the end.

Anyway, the reason for Taiki returning to earth is because of some kind of dark plot that involved his horn being cut or at least severly damaged. As a result of this he got amnesia and also his kirin powers are mostly sealed, but as you could see his Shirei Gouran is still with him, and also his Nyoukai Sanshi.... who in my opinion is the responsible of those 'accidents' surrounding Taiki.... seems that she has lost her mind because he was not able to protect Taiki....

Don't know many more details, but seems that at the end it requires the cooperation of all the other kirins together to be able to bring him back.

The reason why the TV series stopped at 45 is because if they continue on they won't be able to keep it centered on Youko as main character. They used the 2nd novel (Taiki's youth) just to make a bridge between the first and third novel. Also, the 4th and last aired novel was supposed to be the bridge to another main dish, and also the start of the 2nd season of the series, but seems that they decided to cancel it right away. (note that when i make reference to a novel as 1st, 2nd 3rd or 4th i'm refering to the order in the TV series.... in the novels they were not necesarilly in that order, and also there are other novels inbetween that were not brought to TV)

uuuf, that was long... i hope i did not make many mistakes ...
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

8O oooooo - thanks for that information darksuzaku
They also mention that the king is alive somewhere as
well - it would be great to read the novels just to see
where he is and how that whole story ends. It is too
bad that they would not release it because of keeping
Yoko as the main character. She was pretty much out
of the Taiki story, and that one is by far my favorite. :o
Hopefully they will decide to continue it at some point - or
maybe release the manga. Thanks again. :)
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

There is always hope, Big O was abandoned in Japan and revived because of US demand, so anything is possible :wink:
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

I finally got to the part of the series where i felt safe reading the Taiki spoiler. Thank goodness! That was very open-ended! I would love to read the books as well. But then again, I am a huge reader!

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

But isn't his story compelling Jenn!!?! 8O
Its my favorite of all the stories. He is
just adorable. :love:

<--------Wants genga sketches of him soooo Bad :bawl
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

Totally! He is so adorable! That is, when he is Taiki. In Japan...he's a little scarey! I'm really enjoying this series, although I'm sad that I will not get any closure with an ending. I really hope they either 1) continue the series or 2) translate the books. And please give us more of En!!

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
Hikaruchan
Anime Geek

Post by Hikaruchan »

jenn-b wrote:Totally! He is so adorable! That is, when he is Taiki. In Japan...he's a little scarey! I'm really enjoying this series, although I'm sad that I will not get any closure with an ending. I really hope they either 1) continue the series or 2) translate the books. And please give us more of En!!
I was happy last arc of anime was about En - Shoryuu is my fav