Tokyo University Story

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Tokyo University Story

Post by Keropi »

Has anyone seen or heard anything about the "Tokyo University Story" anime? Is the anime any good?

I would have thought that an anime based off a Egawa Tatsuya work would have gotten more notice over at the popular anime message boards, but I can't find any info on it over at there (maybe the search function isn't working). It hasn't been fansubbed either. There appears to be a bootleg DVD of it out, but I'd rather not buy a bootleg unless if I'm backed up against the wall. There weren't any used copies at Anime Jungle when I checked. :(
yeulih
Anime Geek

Post by yeulih »

My university library has 30 plus volumes of that manga, so I skimmed through them a bit. It seems a series like this one wouldn't be very popular in the U.S. though. It just felt way too extreme for me.
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

Egawa Tatsuya...why does that name sound familiar...like I should be worshiping him as a god or something...hmmmm...
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Did the anime come out this year? I thought I seen "copyrighted 2004" on the side of the package?

Someone posted that it was a little like Sakura Diaries, but I didn't care too much for Sakura Diaries. I did like Golden Boy though.

I must see it somehow.
yeulih wrote:My university library has 30 plus volumes of that manga, so I skimmed through them a bit. It seems a series like this one wouldn't be very popular in the U.S. though. It just felt way too extreme for me.
You mean the way the Golden Boy manga got after awhile? :D
yeulih
Anime Geek

Post by yeulih »

You mean the way the Golden Boy manga got after awhile?
I've never seen the Golden Boy manga, but from what I've heard, more or less. I don't think my sensibilites are that delicate either...
I've took a look at it because there was a jdrama based off of it, but ... 8O
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

While searching I found this funny Egawa Tatsuya article that was at Anime News Network:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=3938

Egawa-san has a variety of different works. lol :D

Okay guess I'll have to go the evil route and buy the bootleg. They don't even sell it at CD Japan. I've noticed sometimes CD Japan doesn't sell certain ecchi titles. Some they do and some they don't.