Give me a job!!!!

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
kisara
Yosutebito - Hermit

Give me a job!!!!

Post by kisara »

Okay. really bummed about this whole Aya thing. I need MORE money!!! Could go out and find an actual job, but. . . done food service, retail, and countless others. Ick! Besides which, I'm gonna drag my but back to school this year. So I need a flexible schedule.

Sooooo. . . I'm gonna write. (Uh, yeah. Did that too. Sports reporter.) I can't hack newspaper hours. If anyone's worked at one, you know what I mean. So, Im thinking freelance. And then, naturally, I'm thinking anime.

My questions are ('cause I've seen that some of you are writers): Who's good for submissions? Moreover, who's paying the most? And what topics are they goin' for lately?

And if anyone knows of anyone looking for freelance staff, that'll work to.

*runs off to hack out her portfolio*
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

The way to start off is to do a lot of unpaid work. I know it's a real bummer but very few companies will pay for this sort of work. If you know your subject really well you can often begin with some online reports/reviews for the large anime websites, sites that would be known to publishers.

From there, you can add this work to your CV then knock on every Western anime/manga publishers' door till they let you in agreeing to give you a paying job.

It doesn't pay much, it's hard work and you have to take a lot of rejection but if it's something you really want to do, persevere and you'll get there! Best of luck!
kisara
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kisara »

Krafty wrote:The way to start off is to do a lot of unpaid work. I know it's a real bummer but very few companies will pay for this sort of work.
lol. . I'd almost forgotten about this post. I'm so manic! This was yesterday's insanity.

And. . . I know. Been through the writing gauntlet with my poetry and shorts.

Thanks for the reply.
"You have to keep your whits about you when you're losing your mind." - a friend

:P
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

Whatever you do, I hope it goes well. ^_^ I would love to read some of the works you have previously done. :D

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin x)