All time favorite character

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

All time favorite character

Post by duotrouble »

Who's your all time favorite anime character?

Yup! Another thread of it's so hard to decide. :) There are so many great characters out there. But there's always that one who holds the special place in your heart. /kis

Mine is only obvious if you bid against me or buy from me. Amiboshi from Fushigi Yuugi is my all time favorite anime character. Besides the fact that he's drawn wonderfully and voiced by 2 very talented VAs, his character really grows in the series. He goes from being a side character that everyone seems to dismiss to a very important and pivotal character. He's one of those bad guys who doesn't want to be bad and has influences over other characters such as his twin brother Suboshi and Miaka.

Yeah, you all thought I'd say Duo Maxwell, didn't you? He's number 2 on my list. :wink:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

Definitely Kenshin (obviously :P :P)!!! /lv /lv /lv

I just looooooooooove everything about him!!!
Cats rule!
crackpot27
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!
Location: My GPS is telling me to turn and there is no road...

Post by crackpot27 »

Makenshi or Kumo if you prefer :hitting: I came into the anime genre a die hard final fantasy fan, sooooooo.... /ho
While I wasn't completely happy with the series as a whole, Makenshi's still my all time favorite character....now if I could just find production work /sob
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

It's not hard to decide at all.

Zelgadis, from Slayers. I'm pretty sure I've addressed why before (old people have a tendency to repeat themselves, you know...) but it's that desperate struggle against self-loathing that gets me. That and his inability to believe that beauty is, in fact, NOT just skin deep -- that Lina, Gourry, Amelia and almost all of the minor characters they meet really DO care about him. And he finally, finally, (albeit grudgingly) admits in the end that he is a good man in spite of it all.

He is the quintessential Hero (if anyone's ever read Joseph Campbell's Power of Myth or related works you'll know exactly what I mean. He goes into the abyss, right to the edge of "why is it worth living" (why are humans sentient beings, anyway? Why bother? Our lives are so brief!) But rather than destroying it all because he doesn't like it (like a lot of evil or terminally depressed characters do or want to do) he fights back. Life IS worth living and humans ARE worth fighting for, in part because our lives are so brief and filled with tragedy. And yet we keep on going, and generally strive for the good, the loving and the beautiful.

It struck me right through the heart when I first heard him say "I don't want to lose the man I've become." So ironic and yet so perfect a thing for the chimera -- 1/3 human, 1/3 demon, 1/3 golem -- to say. He may hate his outward appearance, but he is still Zelgadis :)

And therefore, he is worthy of being alive.

oh yeah... and Kenshin comes in a very, very close 2nd :) I love everything about him, too... especially that loooonnnng red hair!
"The permanent temptation of life is to confuse dreams with reality. The permanent defeat of life comes when dreams are surrendered to reality."
James A. Michener, The Drifters
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

Probably Broly from DBZ
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Aya! Aya! Aya! Aya!

(That's Ran/Aya Fujimiya from Weiss Kreuz)

*exudes fangirl luv vibes* :D
This post brought to you by The Power of Plastik.

sletia
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sletia »

If you guys don't know, then you must not know me. :D
My whole gallery.. while the cels are not devoted sorely TO Phibrizzo, the layout IS. ^_^;
I even explain in the about section about my love for him. I guess it speaks enough for me.
He's cute, has long black hair, gorgeous bright green eyes, and brave enough to wear spandex (only other one I know would be Heero Yuy :p) . I think I would say he's one of the more sadistic mazoku, playing with the dead and whatnot like they're his toys. Top mazoku lord second only to Shabranigdo, reeks of arrogance, and what's not to love? Lord Satan of the Underworld looks like a cute 12 year old child. And he'll make you scream.
~Hellmaster-sama~
Rabid collector of the little demon
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

...um, ....Ichigo? :P

Why?
...um, ....he's hot? :P

*snicker*
A lot of it is his damning the consequences and pushing himself to the limit for those relying on him to win. He gets sucked into responsibility because of the power he weilds, and has to forego youth and innocence.
He's a bit frustrated with his situation, but pushes through it anyway.
His sincerity. His kind heart. And his crusty exterior that tries to hide and protect that sincerity and kind heart.
*snuggles Ichigo*

It's just icing on the cake that his seiyuu is hot and has a voice that is just raindrops on my heart. :D

Oh, and Ranma is still second! Poor, misunderstood guy that tries hard but is still awkward. Golden heart, crusty exterior... yeah, my fave combo. :wink:
logorzat
Kamisama - God

Post by logorzat »

Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon! SHE ROCKS!!! :jump
buma
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by buma »

well, if you look at my gallery... its sorta obvious :)

PRISS PRISS PRISS PRISS PRISS!!!

strong female character, rides a motorcycle, can kick but in or out of powered armor... whats not to like?
Last edited by buma on Fri May 12, 2006 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

SOOO hard to decide as I have so many series/characters that I like.

But I know she is definitely high on the list.
sletia
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sletia »

buma wrote:well, if you look at my gallery... its sorta obvious :)

PRISS PRISS PRISS PRISS PRISS!!!

strong female character, rides a motorcycle, can kick but in our out of powered armor... whats not to like?
Yeah, she's my second fav - I love her. No really, I love her. I wish she was real. And not with Leon. *gack blah go away Leon she's lesbo and you know it*
~Hellmaster-sama~
Rabid collector of the little demon
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

Hmmm ....

That is a toughy for me lol

Well Both Mamoru from Sailor Moon and Touya from Ayashi No Ceres...I just love a man who sacrafices for his love! both so dreamy too :D

All I can say is Speremint gum....Double the fun! :love:
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

Hinoto (X/1999)- she's so beautiful!

Neji (Naruto)- my bishie love!
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Nene »

Bean Bandit. n.n

He's a tough guy with morals, drives a Mustang and is devilishly handsome. 8)