dbz ps2 game video footage to make you think twice

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies

do you think this game is going to be any good??

its going to suck major ass
No votes
im still skeptical about its outcome
30%
i think its going to friggin rock!!!
70%
what was i thinking before, please evil hayato will you forgive me?
No votes

Total votes: 10

Evil Hayato
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

dbz ps2 game video footage to make you think twice

Post by Evil Hayato »

for all those people that said that the new ps2 dragonball z game is going to suck major ass heres some lovely dbz footage to possibly change your minds... if you think this game sucks then theres something wrong... go here.. http://www.us.infogrames.com/games/dbz_ ... 2_500k.mov
******IN LOVING MEMORY OF THE GREAT CANDYMAN, MAY THE CANDY BE WITH HIM ALWAYS******
Govogeta
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Govogeta »

I thought that it was going to be cool and still do :o
And I didn't get to the footage cause would have took like
fifteen minutes to download :? But I have full intentions of
buying the game and playing it into the ground :P
mightymask
Senpai - Elder

Post by mightymask »

Here's another scoop - They moved the release date up to the 4th of December -
Sith-Krillin
Kaioshin - Diety
Kaioshin - Diety

Post by Sith-Krillin »

I still say it looks like pokemon stadium...
[glow=red] :kamehameha: [/glow]
[glow=blue]:irule: [/glow]
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. " - Frank Sinatra
Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

... I'm not sure... I want it to be good - It Looks good...
But the gameplay... I hope it plays well...
The clip makes it looks cool... but that is advertising doing it's job...
I'll wait and see...
...just one more
Candyman
Anime Geek

Post by Candyman »

Well I guess that video changed my mind like .001%...
To me the graphics don't look like something ps2 can do, but that is just my opinion.
Knowing me I will copy the game and play it anyway. :^^:
Dragonball1080
Senpai - Elder

Post by Dragonball1080 »

Candyman, you got a chipped PS2? I am thinking about getting a PS2, but I dont think there is a chance unless I get it chipped, so much cheaper on games.....

As for that game, it looks alright, it will definantly be better than Final Bout, when they where fighting it didnt look like a delay like in Final Bout, but also remember when you are watching that clip that it is pros playing it so just because they are able to bust out all the thick moves that easily doesnt mean that you can, that can make or break a game, as in Final Bout and games such as Tekken if you can do all the moves for a character it is fun, but if it takes along time to learn you will end up getting bored with it, and wont be able to play well in which the game would suck. Also, maybe its just a shitty video and the game wont be that choppy, like when they showed the front page, no game now has a choppy opening like that, so the graphics might not be all that bad.

Well, just my 2 cents on it, I may buy it, or I may just do what Candyman will do and burn it.

PS, where did you get your chip from?
Candyman
Anime Geek

Post by Candyman »

What... illegal activity... huh... what...
no no no Candyman doesn't play that way... ahem, :wink:
Dragonball1080
Senpai - Elder

Post by Dragonball1080 »

oh ya :wink: and neither do I....... I bought the few hundred games I have :wink: :wink:
Evil Hayato
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Evil Hayato »

well i still think the game has alot of potential... you CANNOT compare a game based off something to something that was completely original and say thats what the ps2 can do. Im an anime nerd but im a video game dork at heart. You cannot say to me that the graphics in dbz budoukai to be so crappy compared to say tekken 4 because that would be just wrong. Tekken isnt based off of a cartoon, its completely original so it can be realistic and look great. All infogrames wants to do is recreate the cartoon in a fighting game, they say its goin to be the new type of cel shading similar to the new zelda game. Anyways, i used to be a huge video game pirate. Used to burn dreamcast, ps1 and some other games all the time. But it got stale, the dc died and i got a ps2(its alot more annoying to burn and play burned ps2 games now.) you have to burn a boot disc, buy a mod and install or plug it in and then run the boot disc. but oh well its late time for bed.
******IN LOVING MEMORY OF THE GREAT CANDYMAN, MAY THE CANDY BE WITH HIM ALWAYS******
Govogeta
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Govogeta »

I agree with hayato :o If the game is made to
look the cartoon , then that's what it should look
like 8) :conf If it's not made to look as real as possible
then it shouldn't look as real as say tekken :shrug
either way am getting and goin enjoy it :P Another thing
I like about ps2 is the games come down in price
dramaticlly. You can buy a game for twenty that was
fifty when it first came out :)
Dragonball1080
Senpai - Elder

Post by Dragonball1080 »

you have to burn a boot disc, buy a mod and install or plug it in and then run the boot disc. but oh well its late time for bed.
I think you can get no swap mod chips now for PS2, so once its installed, then thats it, put in the disk and your done, the only reason I have not bought a PS2 yet is because of those shitty swap disks( I would go crazy using one of those ) But I would have to say that it is worth it burning them, you can get your PS boxes at the store for about 30 cents each, then get your cover labels and your cd printer, cost you about 400 Canadian( what 250 US? ) and you can make them look exactly the same in every way for about 5 bucks a disk after that